Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    She never wore one (at least not in any of those movies - never showed her navel)
    Her joke was "I don't have one".

She was 1 year younger than me but suffered so much worse.
    Actually, there were three movies where she not only wore a bikini (defined as two separate pieces) but actually showed her navel...
    When she was cast in her first beach movie, Walt Disney requested that she only wear modest bathing suits and keep her navel covered. However, she wore a pink two-piece in Beach Party, a white two-piece fishnet suit in the second film (Muscle Beach Party) and a blue and white bikini in the third (Bikini Beach). All three swimsuits bared her navel, particularly in Bikini Beach, where it is visible extensively during close up shots in a sequence early in the film when she meets Frankie Avalon's "Potato Bug" character outside his tent
    What we consider bikinis now are not the original bikini which was extremely modest by today's standards as the original bikini did not show the navel.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Her standard suit

As compared to:

It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.