Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
Apparently Santorum was asked for the text of his remarks in advance, and refused to provide them.
Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
As a possible explanation for why he was "denied his free speech rights!!!!"
As a possible explanation (i.e., excuse), it's not accurate. Santorum stated that he was not asked for a copy of his remarks:

Rick Santorum Comments on Cancellation of Grosse Pointe South High School Speech
Verona, PA - Former Republican presidential candidate and Patriot Voices Chairman Rick Santorum issued the following statement regarding the cancellation of his upcoming speech at Grosse Pointe South High School in Michigan:

"It's a sad day when liberal educators are allowed to influence young minds - extending free speech rights only to those who share their liberal views. I support traditional marriage; I believe marriage should be between one man and one woman. I'm not sure what the administrators in the Grosse Pointe Public School System are afraid of, but these students deserve the respect to form their own opinion on this important issue.

"Furthermore, anyone who has ever seen me speak knows I rarely use prepared text. In the case of Grosse Pointe High School - I was never asked for a copy of a speech, nor did I send one. This has nothing to do with the content of a speech, but rather the context of my convictions."

It sounds more like Santorum's record was what incensed the censors' senses.