Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Apparently Santorum was asked for the text of his remarks in advance, and refused to provide them.
    As a possible explanation for why he was "denied his free speech rights!!!!"
    As a possible explanation (i.e., excuse), it's not accurate. Santorum stated that he was not asked for a copy of his remarks:

Rick Santorum Comments on Cancellation of Grosse Pointe South High School Speech
    Verona, PA - Former Republican presidential candidate and Patriot Voices Chairman Rick Santorum issued the following statement regarding the cancellation of his upcoming speech at Grosse Pointe South High School in Michigan:

"It's a sad day when liberal educators are allowed to influence young minds - extending free speech rights only to those who share their liberal views. I support traditional marriage; I believe marriage should be between one man and one woman. I'm not sure what the administrators in the Grosse Pointe Public School System are afraid of, but these students deserve the respect to form their own opinion on this important issue.

"Furthermore, anyone who has ever seen me speak knows I rarely use prepared text. In the case of Grosse Pointe High School - I was never asked for a copy of a speech, nor did I send one. This has nothing to do with the content of a speech, but rather the context of my convictions."

It sounds more like Santorum's record was what incensed the censors' senses.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

PAUL: Ten years. What happened!?

MARTIN:I freaked out, joined the Army, worked for the government, and went into business for myself... I'm a professional killer.

PAUL: Thank you.

PAUL: Professional killer, huh? Does that come with a good HMO?
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Apparently Santorum was asked for the text of his remarks in advance, and refused to provide them.
    Apparently you were mistaken. Correction...you were mistaken.

Quite frankly, it looks like you are using this in defense of the school.

Santorum opinions bad, liberal school administrator opinions good.
    Be Not Afraid.

Fabulous Poster
    Santorum is a hate monger. Why would anyone want him to speak at a high school?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe.

I happen to think every liberal/democrat/lefty walking the earth is a hate monger. Evidence would be on my side.
    Be Not Afraid.

So because his views on gay marriage differ from yours makes him a hate monger? Typical liberal bullshit. I bet if some Christian hating faggot wanted to speak you'd be all for it.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    So because his views on gay marriage differ from yours makes him a hate monger? Typical liberal bullshit. I bet if some Christian hating faggot wanted to speak you'd be all for it.
    You're just all charm aren't you? And you wonder why no one likes you.

Typical liberal BS. Nice try there, Scooter.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Toe-may-toe, toe-mah-toe.

I happen to think every liberal/democrat/lefty walking the earth is a hate monger. Evidence would be on my side.

I agree. All liberals do is hate, hate, hate, hate .... They preach tolerance, but only tolerate those who agree with their views...And try to silence those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post

Truth!

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

You're just all charm aren't you? And you wonder why no one likes you.
    Nice job Fred Astaire....now how about answering the fucking question.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Apparently you were mistaken. Correction...you were mistaken.

Quite frankly, it looks like you are using this in defense of the school.

Santorum opinions bad, liberal school administrator opinions good.
    No, it's just a news story I read. I don't need to "defend" the school, or have any opinion about Santorum's appearance. The school can have him or not as it chooses. He's obviously starting his 2016 campaign, which will probably be a repeat of 2012.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken