Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    You're just all charm aren't you? And you wonder why no one likes you.
    It appears that the only person no one likes is you there twinkle toes.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Typical liberal BS. Nice try there, Scooter.

I agree. All liberals do is hate, hate, hate, hate .... They preach tolerance, but only tolerate those who agree with their views...And try to silence those who don't.

Truth!
    I bet people like Nova and Linda have no issue with Columbia University hiring a member of the Weather Underground who did over 20 years in prison for murder onto their faculty. As was said on O'Reilly last night, the left is off the hook in this country.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    So because his views on gay marriage differ from yours makes him a hate monger? Typical liberal bullshit. I bet if some Christian hating faggot wanted to speak you'd be all for it.

Well, he did compare gay marriage to "man on dog" sex, to use his words. I can see why Nova would be offended by that.

It doesn't matter, though, because from what I've heard, Santorum's speech was going to be limited to the topics of leadership and public service, the type of speech that any politician of any stripe would give to high school students.

Maybe the school administrators googled his name and it kicked off the border management thing.

I bet people like Nova and Linda have no issue with Columbia University hiring a member of the Weather Underground who did over 20 years in prison for murder onto their faculty. As was said on O'Reilly last night, the left is off the hook in this country.

When was the left ever on the hook? Liberals are nothing but a bunch of mentally challenged retards. Liberalism is a mental disorder ...

I won't say everyone on the left are brain dead. There are several dems who are conservative as well. The ones that are brain dead are the liberals!

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Fabulous Poster
    Actually, Nova is outraged by a laundry list of people who earn paychecks from public and publicly funded private colleges.

Ivan van Sertima (deceased, Princeton)
    Angela Davis (UC Santa Cruz retired)
    Len Jeffries (City College of New York)
    Frances Cresswell (Howard University visiting, St Elizabeth's Hospital staff psychiatrist retired)
    Armando Navarro (UC Riverside)
    feel free to add to this list

Power CUer
    I have no control over who Columbia hires. If I had any kind of relationship with Columbia I'd be able to vote with my donations or something comparable, but I don't.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I don't need to "defend" the school, or have any opinion about Santorum's appearance.
    OK but in your post you were giving that impression.

Quote Originally Posted by numbers
    The school can have him or not as it chooses.
    True, but he is being held to a different standard than other speakers. That's why the thread was started. Liberal speakers, regardless of their radical views, won't need the signed permission slips.

Quote Originally Posted by numbers
    He's obviously starting his 2016 campaign, which will probably be a repeat of 2012.
    Irrelevant to the story and yes, he has no chance in 2016, so what. If he's starting his campaign, so be it. It has nothing to do with the university's ridiculous stance that students need permission slips to hear him speak.

Acknowledge the double standard for crying out loud and stop defending it.
    Be Not Afraid.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    OK but in your post you were giving that impression.

True, but he is being held to a different standard than other speakers. That's why the thread was started. Liberal speakers, regardless of their radical views, won't need the signed permission slips.

Irrelevant to the story and yes, he has no chance in 2016, so what. If he's starting his campaign, so be it. It has nothing to do with the university's ridiculous stance that students need permission slips to hear him speak.

Acknowledge the double standard for crying out loud and stop defending it.
    I don't know what they've asked of other speakers.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I think Linda's clock has been cleaned.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg