Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    12 years old = statutory rape
    Not if the alleged father is a minor as well.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

How old was the girl's mother twelve years ago?
    Great question Marv!

Herein most likely lies the problem. Mother perhaps a teenager herself ... unmarried, and *if* working ... at a minimum wage job, not even trying to instill the consequences of teenage sex into her daughter's young mind ... relying on goverment (as usual) to fix the problem via an easily obtained abortion.

On the other hand ...

If, this post is true, (and it may not be ) ... what a surprise it would have been for this poor lib mother, to find out that her daughter does not want to have an abortion!
    Oh the irony!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Oh Mercy!

Scratch everthing I just wrote above. *sigh*

After re-reading the mother's words, and especially the "FOR REAL" bit ... I think this is from a conservative troll stirring up the waters!

Carol, you back?
    Off and on. I'm not sure how much off and how much on though.

After re-reading the mother's words, and especially the "FOR REAL" bit ... I think this is from a conservative troll stirring up the waters!
    I don't know. Maybe. What I thought was typical was some of their assertions that the 12 year old was too young to be able to decide she didn't want an abortion, but we know that almost ALL of them would say that she is old enough to decide on her own that she IS old enough to decide on her own without her parents knowledge to have an abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't know what the law is in her state, but in Michigan, if the 12 year old has the baby, her mother can force her to give the child up for adoption. I don't think she can force her to have an abortion, if they child were to hire a lawyer and challenge her mom's authority in a court of law.

I agree with you Lanie that it is risky for a 12 year old to carry a pregnancy to birth, but I also don't like the idea of forcing that child to have an abortion she doesn't want to have. If she truly believes that she will be committing murder by doing so, she will likely have serious emotional/mental health issues in the long run.

I know this-if I had gotten pregnant as a teenager or as a 12 year old, my mother would have tried to force me to have an abortion and my parents would have ended up getting divorced 10 years before they actually did. My dad usually stood up for me about important things, despite the large amounts of Chivas Regal pumping through his bloodstream during those years (he's been sober for almost 20 years).

There is another issue here-who impregnated this 12 year old? Another kid? An older teen? An adult? If it was anyone over 15 years old, it's probably a felony CSC charge. If the mother knew that her daughter was having sex, she's pretty neglectful.
    I agree that the girl shouldn't be forced to have an abortion. It's not always easy to keep kids out of trouble. They do stuff in hidden areas of the school and so forth. Yuk.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The fact that she's sexually active at 12 makes no never mind to you?
    Don't be an assumer. Of course I'm against 12 year olds having sex.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    I don't know. Maybe. What I thought was typical was some of their assertions that the 12 year old was too young to be able to decide she didn't want an abortion ...
    (My highlights in red, not Carol's.)

Yes, indeed "typical" of what we as conservatives expect to hear from liberal dingbats, and are seldom if ever disappointed ... and therefore would be a good choice of words for a troll from our side to post.

No?

Oops! Mr. ABC is bringing in the steaks! Gotta go!
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 04-13-2013 at 08:24 PM.

I would like to know this:

1) How old is the father?
    2) Was this an issue of molestation?
    3) Was this an issue of rape?
    4) Why is she sexually active at 12?
    5) Where did she learn to that at 12?
    6) Why is she still with her parents and not in foster care?

There is no way that a 12-year-old girl had sex and got pregnant without being coerced by someone. I am thinking if this is true, then the father is either A) her father, or another male family member; or B) a 15-year or older boy who raped her .. At which point any of them who did this should be put in jail ..

Of course it could also be C) The op is completely full of crap ..

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

I hear a whole lot of "I"s when this MichelleB talks. I didn't think this was all about her.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)