1. #1 Are hamburgers dying a slow death? 
    By Daryl Nelson
    Most likely, it won’t sway beef lovers to make a switch but the traditional hamburger has some pretty stiff competition these days, especially with more and more veggie and turkey burgers showing up on menus.

And although chicken sandwiches have been next to hamburgers on fast-food menus for quite some time, even they’re getting some newfound love and rivaling burgers in both sales and consumer interest.

In some places, chicken sandwiches are even doing more than just rivaling burgers, as data has been gathered by the research firm Mintel and released by the site BurgerBusiness.com that shows chicken sandwiches are replacing beef hamburgers as the best sellers in a lot of fast-food places.

Researchers point to the sandwich shift taking place around 2010, when lean boneless beef costs were up by 32%, which of course pushed stores to buy other products besides traditional burgers.

And the survey shows other reasons for the change.

A couple of years back, McDonald’s released its Zesty BBQ Cruncher and gave consumers the option to make it a beef or chicken burger, which was a telling sign of just how popular fried and grilled chicken sandwiches were becoming and how confident restaurants were that they could move them.

And if you’ll notice, there seems to be a new chicken sandwich being released every week, either in some newly-shaped bun or in a wrap, and according to Mintel, chicken sandwiches and other chicken selections, like those strange-looking McDonald’s Chicken McBites, are on more menus in fast-food places than burgers these days, so it seems the tides have officially changed.
    Read More>http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/...th-040713.html
    Cold dead hands.......pry my hamburger etc etc.....................
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Not losing ground with anyone I know.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Chickens cheap. In this crappy eccon. more people are buying cheap, even at fast food.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

I love chicken sandwiches, but they are no substitute for burgers if a burger is what I'm craving.

Those fried chicken sandwiches have more calories than burgers (unless you get multi-patties loaded with cheese). And on some menus those veggie burgers can rack up more calories, too.

I don't eat them often, but nothing beats a really good burger.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Those fried chicken sandwiches have more calories than burgers (unless you get multi-patties loaded with cheese). And on some menus those veggie burgers can rack up more calories, too.

I don't eat them often, but nothing beats a really good burger.

I heard that specifically about Chicken Whoppers, that they have more calories than a "beef" Whopper.

Pretty much all fast food hamburgers ream on my stomach, these days, even Whoopper Jrs. Fast Food for me now pretty much means Taco Bell or Subway/Blimpie. We have "Coney Island" restaurants in Detroit that are known for "coney dogs", but are actually small-scale greek restaurants. I get good salads at the one near my office.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I heard that specifically about Chicken Whoppers, that they have more calories than a "beef" Whopper.

Pretty much all fast food hamburgers ream on my stomach, these days, even Whoopper Jrs. Fast Food for me now pretty much means Taco Bell or Subway/Blimpie. We have "Coney Island" restaurants in Detroit that are known for "coney dogs", but are actually small-scale greek restaurants. I get good salads at the one near my office.
    I can't do Taco Bell. Subway is OK. There used to be a McDonald's a block or so away from my company in St Louis. I guess I'm oblivious but the McD's was gone. I went into the Taco Bell, because I was really, really hungry and inquired about the McDonald's. The cashier said the McD's was closed because of poor sanitation and was bulldozed down. I looked around and wondered how Taco Bell was still standing. Most people from my office wouldn't eat at Taco Bell because of the claims of meat that wasn't exactly the best.

Usually I'd bring my lunch and eat in the break room, much healthier. I'd go out on appointments with the various governmental agencies, then head back to the office for lunch and paperwork.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"