Thread: Kerry: Foreign students 'scared' of guns in U.S.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Kerry: Foreign students 'scared' of guns in U.S. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oh really??? Go to school in Kenya then.

(CNN) Students in other countries assessing where to study abroad are increasingly scared of coming to the United States because of gun violence, the nation's top diplomat said Monday.

Speaking with CNN foreign affairs correspondent Jill Dougherty in Tokyo, Secretary of State John Kerry said he'd discussed the situation with officials there who said students felt unsafe in the United States.

"We had an interesting discussion about why fewer students are coming to, particularly from Japan, to study in the United States, and one of the responses I got from our officials from conversations with parents here is that they're actually scared. They think they're not safe in the United States and so they don't come," Kerry said.

Kiss my ass.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    ditto

I'm sure the rapidly-declining quality of American higher education, bogged down in objectively-valueless politics and politically-correct "fairness" issues, has nothing whatsoever to do with it.

Hey Lurch, vaunted diplomat and man of the world that you supposedly are, one of the basic facts of international life is that foreigners (Especially Asians but generally excepting Anglo-Saxons and Germans) will almost NEVER tell you the number one REAL reason they don't like something about you or your country if they think it might piss you off, but will instead pick on some less-confrontational topic on which they think you might agree to some extent.

Students in other countries assessing where to study abroad are increasingly scared of coming to the United States because of gun violence, the nation's top diplomat said Monday.

I'd be scared too if I saw a DUmbass like that coming at me with a gun.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I would guess that students from Europe or Asia might find the US to be a dangerous place, chock full of gun violence. There is a lot of crime on some of our best-known campuses. UM and OSU both have a lot of crime in and around their campuses. College students are easy pickings for criminals, for a lot of reasons.

On the other hand, students from third world countries like Uganda, or from ME countries, might find that the US is a lot less violent than their home countries are.

They should have asked Kerry what scope he used when he was firing rounds at american jets during Vietnam ..

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Awww, poor little babies are scared of the big bad guns? Good...fuck the eurotrash and muzzie spawn from other countries and tell them to keep their worthless asses back homewhere they belong.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I would guess that students from Europe or Asia might find the US to be a dangerous place, chock full of gun violence. There is a lot of crime on some of our best-known campuses. UM and OSU both have a lot of crime in and around their campuses. College students are easy pickings for criminals, for a lot of reasons.

On the other hand, students from third world countries like Uganda, or from ME countries, might find that the US is a lot less violent than their home countries are.
    Um, that's hardly limited to the United States. Not by a long shot. While my brother was at Leeds University in the '80s, there were a total of twenty-three murders on campus. When he was at Cambridge starting in 2000, there were at least four murders and an untold number of rapes "on campus" (which is a little vague, because pretty much the whole city is "campus").

When he was teaching at a university in Bulgaria, there was one murder and four rapes that were actually reported that semester, but countless events that were not counted as rapes because in Eastern Europe, particularly southeastern Europe, a woman still risks death for making accusations of rape.

And this leaves out all of the stick-ups (he has been robbed at gunpoint three times in the "gun-free" United Kingdom), general beatings, and general mob violence (look up some campus violence at European universities after soccer games, everyone).
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

In 2011, Japan sent 21,290 students to study in the United States, making it the seventh largest country of origin for international scholars. That was down 14% from the previous year, according to numbers from the Institute of International Education.

Figures have shown international study is down markedly among Japanese students to all destinations, including the United States. Experts have attributed the decline to Japan's low birthrate, the expense of foreign study in a poor economy, and a desire among Japanese young people to remain at home rather than venture to other countries.
    Why tell the truth about why there are less students coming here to study when you can just be a liberal and make shit up to suit your lying ass agenda du jour. Scumbags.
    Be Not Afraid.

With how bad other countries say our educations system is, I am surprised that any foreigner would want to come here to get a degree.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _