Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Generally speaking, al Qaeda doesn't claim responsibility for their attacks. Their splinter groups often do, but al Qaeda itself generally doesn't.
    You have to understand the structure of al Qaeda. They're not a single terrorist organization, but an umbrella group that provides ideological and financial support to its affiliates, with those affiliates acting as franchises. The relationship is symbiotic, with the central group gaining operational capabilitis from the subordinate groups, and the subordinate groups gaining instant street cred and logistics support from their affiliation with the the terror masters. The affiliates do take responsibility for their attacks, often in conjunction with al Qaeda. Al Qaeda did take responsibility for the 9/11 attacks, the London Tube bombings and the Madrid attacks, but it took a while. Bin Laden's 9/11 message came out in October 2001, more than a month after the WTC attacks, the video of the London Tube bombings came out several days after the attacks, and included commentary by both the bomber and Ayman al Zawahiri.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    He is a Muslim ...

Looks to me like he is holding a bomb there. This pic was taken in January. So he was probably planning this for a while.

His name is Abdulrahman Ali Alharbi, and he is gay. If he was back home in Suadi, he would be put to death ..
    Probably a good reason for him not to be involved in a jihadi plot. Generally, openly gay Muslims avoid fundamentalist terror groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Well aware. I watched the news all day yesterday and I cannot come up with even an opinion on who did it. And this is my job. Damn NIPR.
    Don't blame NIPR. Open source gives you lots of opportunities to data mine. FWIW, I suspect that this will turn out to be a local terror cell that was inspired by, but not operationally affiliated with, al Qaeda. Think Nidal Hasan, who was given guidance, but no direct aid. The goal of the new al Qaeda leadership was to decentralize jihadi attacks. This meant that al Qaeda would become a looser "brand" which would provide guidance, inspiration and technical support (through online publications), and reap the rewards of terrorist actions. You should check out this article (http://www.lawandsecurity.org/portal...newalqaeda.pdf) on Abu Musab al Suri (real name: Mustafa Setmariam Nasar) and his influence on the structure of al Qaeda. From the article:

Setmariam’s new strategic concept was that “individual terrorism” needed to replace the hierarchically orchestrated terrorism of Al Qaeda. He explained to his class why this was necessary:

We ask the Muslim youth to be a terrorist. Why do we ask for such individual terrorism? First because secret hierarchical organizations failed to attract Muslims. The youth fear joining such an organization because if there is a mistake then the authorities will reach them. Second because we need to give the youth the chance to play a role without being part of an organization. Some youth don’t want to join an organization and don’t know how to act on their beliefs. Third due to pressure from the Jews, Crusaders and lapsed Muslim regimes.
    Setmariam then launched into a critique of Al Qaeda’s hierarchical structure. He drew a diagram indicating howeasy itwas to round up a cell structure inwhich many cells are traced back to a leader (see Figure 1).“In the new stage,” Setmariam told his future recruiters, “You should form a brigade and work directly. I advise your brigade doesn’t exceed tenmembers. You shouldn’t expand or form too many. In case you are caught, they are all caught.”

Setmariam recognized that there would need to be a great amount of mobilization to achieve his vision of a mass participation jihadist movement. The “prototype” he would later state in his 2004 book was the “Palestinian Intifada but on a broader basis which includes the Islamic world, with its arm reaching the home of the American invaders and their infidel allies from every race and place.”55 To encourage such popular participation, Setmarian introduced his Al Ghuraba lecture course by saying he wanted to distribute videotapes of the couse to teach individuals how to incite Muslims to become jihadists.

“This should be done,” says Setmariam, by “highlighting Jewish-Crusader oppression of Muslims.” Also, he says that dwelling on the “degeneracy of the Western world”—“its sin, gays and lesbians”—is a good way to incite Muslims. Attacks should take place in the country of residence of jihadis. The criteria for targets, Setmariam says, are: (1) “where it hurts the enemy and costs him the most” and (2) “where it awakens Muslims and revives the spirit of Jihad and resistance.” The aim he says “is to spread a Jihadist cancer to face the bad cancer of the world order.”56

In the years since 9/11, Al Qaeda has evolved in remarkably similar lines to Setmariam’s vision. Facing an onslaught against its organized structures, the loss of its training camps, but also the opportunity of a new cause cel`ebre in Iraq, Al Qaeda has morphed into a broader-based and looser movement. The terrorist strikes in Bali, Casablanca, Istanbul, Madrid, and London were all initiated by exactly the sort of small locally recruited cells for which Setmariam was calling. They represent a change in approach to the centrally organized attacks on U.S. embassies in Africa in 1998 and the 9/11 attacks. In both these instances operatives were parachuted in from Afghan training camps to carry out the strikes.

They were also directed at targets (tourism and transport infrastructure) whose destruction would have a signicant economic “cost.” To make this new individual terrorism “orderly” Setmariam recognized in his 2004 tract that “wonderful individual initiatives” needed to be “directed” through strategic guidance, either from him or other Al Qaeda leaders and “invested” with “a state of general unity” or in other words be credited to Al Qaeda.57 Bin Laden, al Zawahiri, and Al Qaeda leaders have certainly acted according to this advice. It now appears Al Qaeda leaders had a hand in supporting the locally recruited cell that carried out the 7 July bombings in London. In other cases they have merely telegraphed their desire for attacks, for example, on European allies of the U.S. invasion on Iraq, and when they did take place, in nearly every instance, bin Laden or al Zawahari have quickly claimed credit. Setmariam is adamant that each jihadi operation, however autonomously initiated, should work to further the overall cause. In his videotaped Jihadist lectures he says:

If a Muslim is in Britain and doesn’t want to leave his job or university and go and fight Jihad on the front, what he can do is call the press agency and tell them, “I’m from the global Islamic resistance” and claim responsibility for whatever action is being done around the world.

This is why I think that the Boston attacker will turn out to be a lone wolf or small cell. The use of local jihadis in coordinated attacks using simultaneous or sequenced demolitions is an al Qaeda hallmark, but the absence of overseas contacts fits within the context of the guidance of Setmariam.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Actually, this whole bombing could be nothing more than a "dry run" for something
    even worse. No one knows of course.

Or a "let's start small and learn and grow"

It wasn't a suicide bomber, so it probably was a wannabe big leaguer who is trying to gain street cred.

We don't know anything yet...and I don't trust the Obama admin to be forthcoming. We may never know who was behind this...and will get the runaround a la Bengazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post

It wasn't a suicide bomber, so it probably was a wannabe big leaguer who is trying to gain street cred.

We don't know anything yet...and I don't trust the Obama admin to be forthcoming. We may never know who was behind this...and will get the runaround a la Bengazi.

We shall see ...

Am still hoping to hear from FBI Special Agent Richard DeLauriers tonight sometime.

He is soft spoken and seems to have his head screwed on straight.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Hawkgirl ...

Know what my biggest fear is now ... I honestly think that this is the beginning of seeing many more such "small" IED incidents taking place from now on here in our country.

Can't remember who it was advised it, or where I read it, but Muslim youths wishing to fight for Allah (as is their duty according to certain parts of their beloved Koran) ... were told to become "lone wolves" or at least keep their numbers small ... and create as much chaos and fear as possible among the infidels in the West, and especially the USA.

No matter how much the Obama Admin. keeps trying to convince those that are too blind to see, that we have nothing to fear from Islamists residing in our country ... and that we should not consider them to be a threat to us in any way ...he is 100% wrong.

They, on the other hand in numbers unknown to us, *do indeed * consider Americans to be their enemies!!!

Oh Mercy!

Lest anyone think I meant *all* Muslims, I really didn't. Was referring to the militant radical youths who are willing to do all they can for the "cause."

Haven't read this yet myself, but am about to do so ... I do sympathize with the innocent ones that wish us no harm and are fearing the backlash if it turns out to be the radicals of their faith that have done this.

In Boston bombing, Muslims hold their breath
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...,4336914.story

Bummer! Just saw on Fox that no FBI update for tonight!

Outta here! ~ ABC

I don't believe anything anyone says,you can makeup a new name maybe Boston Marathon truth-er or something like that.
    I don't trust the FBI, I don't trust the state or it's law enforcement, I don't trust anyone in the media or the government to not manipulate twist or even flat out lie about what happened, first Benghazi lies and now this.
    This is not a government or a news media of a free people any longer.
    I will take it all with a grain of salt because we are helpless.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    You have to understand the structure of al Qaeda. They're not a single terrorist organization, but an umbrella group that provides ideological and financial support to its affiliates, with those affiliates acting as franchises. The relationship is symbiotic, with the central group gaining operational capabilitis from the subordinate groups, and the subordinate groups gaining instant street cred and logistics support from their affiliation with the the terror masters. The affiliates do take responsibility for their attacks, often in conjunction with al Qaeda. Al Qaeda did take responsibility for the 9/11 attacks, the London Tube bombings and the Madrid attacks, but it took a while. Bin Laden's 9/11 message came out in October 2001, more than a month after the WTC attacks, the video of the London Tube bombings came out several days after the attacks, and included commentary by both the bomber and Ayman al Zawahiri.
    That was actually just what I meant, though I was a bit clumsy in how I said it. The point was that al Qaeda isn't like, say, the PLO, on the phone to some news agency moments after some attack claiming responsibility, so if al Qaeda (umbrella organization, as you call it) is indeed behind the Boston bombs, one shouldn't expect them to be calling up CNN to say that they did it.

I'm keeping an open mind on this, particularly since the Saudi dood was apparently cleared, but I'm still suspicious of al Qaeda on this. At the same time, against the backdrop of the ricin letters, I'm really, genuinely beginning to think that this all may very well be the work of the occutards, or some faction thereof. It's not like they don't already have some propensity for violence. Same thing with the Weather Underground at the time: a splinter organization who literally threw everything they originally claimed to be about right under the bus in order to "achieve their goal."

The one thing that I know damn well for certain that it isn't is the TEA Party. Certainly not in any "organized" sense, anyway.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I don't believe anything anyone says,

>snip<

I will take it all with a grain of salt because we are helpless.
    Rock ...

I truly feel much the same as you do, believe me. I hate what is happening to our country with a passion. I abhor the lying MSM media, the entire members of the immediate Obama administration, and the *mainly* useless and out for themselves, older Republicans in Congress.

Please hang onto that "grain of salt" ... we are not helpless yet.

If after the 2014 midterm elections, things do not change in our favor, then yes, by all means, I too will be willing to throw in the towel!

Just not yet!

The initial person of interest is being deported back to Saudi on Tuesday. At least that is what a source on Hannity tonight said.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    The initial person of interest is being deported back to Saudi on Tuesday. At least that is what a source on Hannity tonight said.
    Smells a little fishier all the time.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg