Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I didn't know the OKC bombing was done for conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    No, for the looney militia types. Not "conservatism" per se, but he probably didn't vote for Clinton.
    The thing that is making me laugh is that liberals have to go back 20 years to state something that was done by some nut case, blame it on the right, and then pin everything since on the right; when reports prove that is was someone on the left ... Stupid Liberals.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    It's shitty to turn this tragedy into politics.
    You mean like using Sandy Hook as a tool for passing your god's draconian gun laws? You are such a hypocrite it's sad.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You mean like using Sandy Hook as a tool for passing your god's draconian gun laws? You are such a hypocrite it's sad.
    Truer words were never spoken...
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Go right ahead. Oklahoma City was a Muslim, until it wasn't. Atlanta was a Muslim until it was a security guard until it turned out to be someone who was acting out against abortion. If you think this helps the public debate, go for it. I personally don't believe it does on either side, but it seems to be important to you.
    No, for the looney militia types. Not "conservatism" per se, but he probably didn't vote for Clinton.

McVeigh was a registered Democrat genius.

The point is that some people are very entertained by fulfilling their own stereotypes with their theories of "whodunit" - and it's probably a better idea to wait for real information.
    You mean like when the Pima County Sheriff nearly killed himself getting in front of cameras and blaming the Giffords event shooting on conservative talk radio and Sarah Palin? How Chris Matthews and the rest of the loons at BSNBC started blaming this on anti-government anti tax extremists even before the body count was complete? You leftists are such hypocrites it's sad.

Power CUer
    I'm not familiar with the "Pima County Sheriff" and I don't watch Chris Matthews. Yet you somehow hold me responsible for what they say. You need to get a grip, if you can.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

You need to get a grip, if you can.
    Do you mean like the grip you have on the bucket handle when you carry the water for the left.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer
    oh, please... can you imagine me carrying a bucket of water, like a charwoman?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

The point is that some people are very entertained by fulfilling their own stereotypes with their theories of "whodunit" - and it's probably a better idea to wait for real information.
    I agree Linda.... wait. Even when we do know what happened, this Admin. however won't release truthful information. Benghazi and Fort Hood catapult to the forefront as examples.
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    It's shitty to turn this tragedy into politics.
    Unfortunately, political violence is, well, political, and terrorism is political violence. The motives of terrorists are critical in analyzing their courses of action and predicting future acts, and political motives must be analyzed, as they will dictate how we respond, both in terms of surveillance of suspected terror groups and communities, and military actions. If the administration can make the claim that a significant percentage of the population are engaged in violent sedition, they will have the mandate to act against that group, which is why the left desperately wants this to be a tea-partier. They want the excuse to do to political dissenters as they are doing to gun owners, which is to demonize them and then build support for actions against them.

Both sides do it. It's "automatically" a right wing nut, or it's "automatically" a Muslim. It's not helpful.
    Go right ahead. Oklahoma City was a Muslim, until it wasn't. Atlanta was a Muslim until it was a security guard until it turned out to be someone who was acting out against abortion. If you think this helps the public debate, go for it. I personally don't believe it does on either side, but it seems to be important to you.
    Since 9/11, there have been over 22,000 cases of violent acts by Muslims against non-Muslims globally.

And some of us analyze the data because we are tasked with protecting the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic. The data so far points to a jihadi with an al Qaeda connection, not because we want it to be so, but because of the facts. What are the things investigators look for in any crime? Opportunity, motive, technical capabilities and prior history. The opportunity cuts across all groups, the motive, technical capabilities and prior history suggest jihadis. First, the motive: Aside from the desire to rack of mass casualties of infidels, Islamists have a special disdain for public sporting events. For example, this story made the rounds two years ago during the World Cup:
    Somali fans executed for watching 'un-Islamic' World Cup

SOMALI Islamist militants executed two football fans and arrested dozens of others for breaking a ban on watching the World Cup, Reuters has reported.

Gunmen from the Hizbul Islam group swooped on homes in the Afgoi district, 19 miles south of the capital Mogadishu on Sunday and Monday.
    Their crackdown came after Islamist groups had banned Somalis from watching World Cup matches on TV.
    Rebel hardliners say that watching football is "un-Islamic" and that it distracts citizens from their duty to overthrow the troubled east African country's government.

"Hizbul Islam killed two people and arrested 35 others, all World Cup fans," Ali Yasin Gedi, vice-chairman of the Elman rights group, told Reuters Tuesday.

"Islamists unexpectedly entered houses in Afgoi district and then fired (at) some people who tried to jump over the wall to escape" he added.

Attacks on events deemed "Un-Islamic" are common among jihadis, and what is more un-Islamic than a sporting event in which men and women in revealing clothing compete together en masse?

The technical capabilities are another factor. The type of bomb used involved a pressure cooker as a casing.

This is consistent with the bomb-making directions in the al Qaeda magazine Inspire, which was distributed three years ago to jihadis who seek to carry out terrorist acts. Al Qaeda has long advocated that individual jihadis should engage in "lone wolf" attacks using the means at their disposal. The use of ball-bearings as a means of increasing casualties is also consistent with al Qaeda technical guidance:
    Boston Marathon bombs: al-Qaeda’s Inspire magazine taught pressure cooker bomb-making techniques

A recipe for how to make pressure cooker bombs, which investigators say were used in the Boston Marathon attack

telegraph.co.uk
    April 16, 2013

The recipe – along with a rationale for post-9/11 terror – was printed three years ago in al-Qaeda’s English-language promotional online magazine, Inspire.

In an article, it instructed readers on how, as its headline writers put it, to “Make a bomb in the kitchen of your Mom”.
    It gave the types of explosive, timers and other ingredients needed – along with, it said, a pressure cooker.

In fact, most analysts remain convinced it was the brainchild of Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni-American propagandist for Al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, and was edited by Samir Khan, another American citizen who had travelled to Yemen to join the group.

It was clear in its market – the disaffected young men in their mid-twenties, whether converts or of Muslim origin, who studies show are by far and away the biggest source of recruits to the jihadist cause.

Subsequent editions suggested even more random forms of violence that anyone could carry out, such as driving a car into crowds as a weapon. The aim was to cause maximum response with a minimum of fuss.

Its methodology was in some ways a sign of weakness, an acknowledgement that well-planned, large scale attacks on the scale of 9/11, or for that matter the Oklahoma outrage by a white supremacist, were unlikely to be repeated because of increased security and the erosion of al-Qaeda’s command structure by drone strikes.

Other “spectaculars” had failed, such as the attempt to down an airliner over Detroit on Christmas Day 2009 by the so-called “underpants bomber”, an Awlaki recruit of Nigerian origin, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab.

By contrast, smaller scale random attacks had notable success: most strikingly, before Inspire’s first edition but clearly an incident its authors had in mind, Nidal Malik Hasan, the US army major who shot 13 people dead at his base at Fort Hood, Texas, had been in direct contact with Awlaki.
    As new editions appeared, investigators took Inspire ever more seriously.

A disaffected US army private, Naser Jason Abdo, jailed for life in August 2012 after being found in possession of a bomb with which he said he was going to blow up a restaurant popular with soldiers from Fort Hood in an act of solidarity with Hasan, had a copy of the Inspire article.

In his hotel room were all the ingredients listed, including two pressure cookers.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!