1. #1 Are You Smarter Than A 60 Year Old? 
    A TEST FOR 'OLDER' KIDS.

1. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind?

2. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on The ?? Show.

3. 'Get your kicks, __ _________ _______.'

4. 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to _________________.'

5. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________.'

6. After the Twist, the Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the '_____________.'

7. Nestle's makes the very best . .. . . _______________.'

8. Satchmo was America's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.

9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________.

10. Red Skeleton's hobo character was named __________________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and '________ ________... '

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their______________.

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________ &_______________.

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to ___________________.

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called ___________________.

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the __________ ______________.

16. Remember LS/MFT _____ _____/_____ _____ _____?

17. Hey Kids! What time is it? It's _____ ______ _____!

18. Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of men? The _____ Knows!

19. There was a song that came out in the 60's that was "a grave yard smash". It's name was the ______ ______!

20. Alka Seltzer used a "boy with a tablet on his head" as it's Logo/Representative. What was the boy’s name?
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

I know most of them, and I'm only 48.

1. Lone Ranger was before my time.
    2. Ed Sullivan.
    3. On Route 66.
    4. Protect the Innocent
    5. The Lion Sleeps Tonight
    6. Limbo
    7. Don't know
    8. Louis Armstrong
    9. Timex watches
    10. Don't know
    11. draft cards
    12. Beetle/Love Bug
    13. Buddy Holly
    14. Sputnik
    15. Hula Hoop
    16. Don't know
    17. Howdy Doody Time-I know this from Happy Days, though.
    18. Shadow
    19. Monster Mash
    20. Speedy

Are you smarter than a 60 year old?
    Yes, but then again pumpkin, I'm over 60!

2 -Ed Sullivan
    3 - On Route 66
    4 - Protect the innocent
    5- The lion sleeps tonight
    6 - Easy ... limbo ( won a contest years ago ... to the chants of "Limbo lower now!"
    8 - Louis Armstrong
    12 - Beatle
    13 - Big Bopper - Richie Valens & Buddy Holly
    14 - Sputnik
    15 - hula hoop
    16 - Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco
    17 - Howdy Doody Time

Oops! Not so smart afterall. I missed 1-7-9-10-11-18-19-20!

Oh well! Was fun, anyway!
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 04-16-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    A TEST FOR 'OLDER' KIDS.

1. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind? A silver bullet

2. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on The Ed Sullivan Show.

3. 'Get your kicks, on route sixty-six.'

4. 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.'

5. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________.'

6. After the Twist, the Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the 'Limbo.'

7. Nestle's makes the very best . .. . . _______________.'

8. Satchmo was America's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was Louis Armstrong.

9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? Timex watches.

10. Red Skeleton's hobo character was named __________________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and '________ ________... '

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their draft cards.

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? the beetle & the bug.

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to ___________________.

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called Sputnik.

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the Hula Hoop.

16. Remember LS/MFT Lucky Strike means fine tobacco?

17. Hey Kids! What time is it? It's Howdy Doody time!

18. Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of men? The Shadow Knows!

19. There was a song that came out in the 60's that was "a grave yard smash". It's name was the ______ ______!

20. Alka Seltzer used a "boy with a tablet on his head" as it's Logo/Representative. What was the boy’s name?
    Didn't Google anything. 'Course I'm 74, so I get a little forgetful.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

A TEST FOR 'OLDER' KIDS.

1. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, Who was that masked man? Invariably, someone would answer, I don't know, but he left this behind. What did he leave behind? A silver bullet

2. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on The ?? Show. Ed Sullivan Show

3. 'Get your kicks, __ _________ _______.' On Route 66

4. 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to _________________.' Protect the innocent

5. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________.' The Lion sleeps tonight

6. After the Twist, the Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the '_____________.' Limbo

7. Nestle's makes the very best . .. . . _______________.' Chocolate

8. Satchmo was America's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.

9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________. Timex watches

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their______________. Draft cards

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________ &_______________. Bug & Beetle

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to ___________________. Buddy Holly

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called ___________________. Sputnik

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the __________ ______________. Hula Hoop (it's back now as an exercise fad)

16. Remember LS/MFT _____ _____/_____ _____ _____?

17. Hey Kids! What time is it? It's _____ ______ _____! Howdy Doody Time

18. Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of men? The _____ Knows! Shadow

19. There was a song that came out in the 60's that was "a grave yard smash". It's name was the ______ ______! Monster Mash

Okay, almost 59 here.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

All but 2

A TEST FOR 'OLDER' KIDS.

2. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on The ?? Show. Ed Sullivan

3. 'Get your kicks, __ _________ _______.' On Rt. 66

4. 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to _________________.' Protect the innocent.

5. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________.' The lion sleeps tonight.

6. After the Twist, the Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the '_____________.' Limbo

7. Nestle's makes the very best . .. . . _______________.' Chocolate <clup>

8. Satchmo was America's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________. Louie Armstrong

9. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________. Timex

10. Red Skeleton's hobo character was named __________________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and '________ ________... ' Got me here

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their______________. Draft Cards

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________ &_______________. Beetle & Bug

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to ___________________. Buddy Holly

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called ___________________. Sputnik

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was called the __________ ______________. Alvin's Christmas wish, the hula hoop.

16. Remember LS/MFT _____ _____/_____ _____ _____? Lucy Strike/Means Fine Tobacco or Taste

17. Hey Kids! What time is it? It's _____ ______ _____! Howdy Doody Time

18. Who knows what secrets lie in the hearts of men? The _____ Knows! Shadow

19. There was a song that came out in the 60's that was "a grave yard smash". It's name was the ______ ______! Monster Mash

20. Alka Seltzer used a "boy with a tablet on his head" as it's Logo/Representative. What was the boy’s name? Alkie?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

How could I forget Speedy?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

ANSWERS:
    01.The Lone Ranger left behind a silver bullet.
    02. The Ed Sullivan Show
    03. On Route 66
    04.To protect the innocent.
    05.The Lion Sleeps Tonight
    06. The limbo
    07. Chocolate
    08. Louis Armstrong
    09. The Timex watch
    10. Freddy, The Freeloader *the one I missed - all I could remember was Clem Kadiddlehopper) and 'Good Night and God Bless.'
    11. Draft cards (Bras were also burned. Not flags, as some have guessed)
    12. Beetle or Bug
    13. Buddy Holly
    14. Sputnik
    15. Hoola-hoop
    16. Lucky Strike/Means Fine Tobacco
    17. Howdy Doody Time
    18. Shadow
    19. Monster Mash
    20. Speedy

Alkie??????????
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Alkie makes sense, the only times I've ever taken Alka Seltzer was for hangovers. Otherwise, I can't stand it.

The last one...the Alka-Selzer character I had to google:
    In 1951, the "Speedy" character was introduced. The character was originally conceived by Creative Director George Pal of the Wade Ad Agency and designed by illustrator Wally Wood. Originally named Sparky, the name was changed to Speedy by Sales Manager Perry L. Shupert to align with that year's promotional theme, "Speedy Relief." He appeared in over 200 TV commercials between 1954 and 1964. Speedy's body was one Alka-Seltzer tablet, while he wore another as a hat; he proclaimed Alka-Seltzer's virtues and sang the "Plop, plop, fizz, fizz" song in his high, squeaky voice (provided by veteran juvenile voice actor Dick Beals).[4] In December 2010, Alka-Seltzer began a series of new commercials featuring Speedy, using CGI effects to recreate the stop-motion puppetry of the 1950s and 1960s, with Speedy voiced by Debi Derryberry.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759