Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    what sort of coffee is she drinking that it masks the taste of boiled bat?
    For some reason reading this line just made me bust out laughing. My Captain had to come over and see what I was looking at that was so funny.:D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    If it was on overnight I think the water would be dripping at a slow enough rate to go past the bat without any overflow. But what sort of coffee is she drinking that it masks the taste of boiled bat?
    Do tell us how you know what boiled bat tastes like. :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I wonder who she's gonna sue? :D
    Watch, now poor Cuisinart is going to have to label all its makers with "Caution: Do not include bat in boiling process.":D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Remind me never to drink anything in Iowa!!

Two years ago, a Sioux City woman found a drowned bat in the bottom of her sun tea mug that was about the size of two tea bags.
    http://www.gazetteonline.com/apps/pb...9945/1006/news

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Do tell us how you know what boiled bat tastes like. :p
    It's a well known fact that all bizarre foods taste like chicken. As one of your Supreme Court Justices has found ...

If youíve never eaten fruit bat, then you arenít U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy. Justice Kennedy tried fruit bat in the early 1980ís when, as a judge on the 9th Circuit, he made an official trip to the Northern Mariana Islands, where fruit bat is something of a local treat. To be fair, the early 1980ís were heady times for a lot of people, but not so good for fruit bats, which are skinned and put into a soup, or else boiled and eaten in their entirety, fur and all.

... We press on and ask what fruit bat tastes like.

While the photographer thinks of how best to phrase the answer, his brother, a big, big man with a lot of very visible tattoos, breaks in. "It tastes like chicken," he said. "Like a really delicious chicken." The photographer concurs. "Like chicken," he repeats, actually licking his lips.
    link

:D

noonwitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Bats are valuable creatures to have nearby. They eat insects. Having them around is just one of the perks of living in Iowa.

A Boy Scout in this area did his community service project by building bat houses in Ferndale. He thought encouraging bats to live around the area would cut the risk of humans getting the West Nile virus, and the city of Ferndale encouraged him to build bat houses in different locations around. He tried to do the same in my city, Warren, but they declined the offer. We do have plenty of bats around, I see them flying around at sunset.

When I was a kid/teen, the church we attended was a large A-frame building, and bats got into it all the time. Our youth group would be meeting in the narthex, and we'd see the bats flying around the sanctuary. It was a big debate with the adults-no one wanted to hurt the bats (it's a UCC church), but they wanted to make sure they didn't get in anymore. Eventually they hired someone to catch and release the bats, and they built a special "bat fan" that made noises to keep the bats away from the building.