1. #1 24 IRS workers in TN accused of theft 

24 IRS workers in TN accused of theft

First it was the families of dead people and state employees. Now, authorities say Internal Revenue Service employees in Tennessee were stealing unemployment and other benefits while fully employed.

On Thursday, 13 of those employees were indicted on federal charges that they lied to get unemployment, food stamps, welfare and housing vouchers. An additional 11 have been indicted on state charges of theft greater than $1,000.

In all, authorities say the workers improperly received more than $250,000 in government benefits. >>>

The indictments come just weeks after a state audit found more than $73 million in overpayments were made by the Tennessee Department of Labor and Workforce Development over the past several years. That audit turned up 24 active state employees who received more than $126,000 in unemployment benefits and seven dead people who were paid out $12,387. The state said the majority of those cases involved fraud. >>>

“Both current and former employees, they were just bilking money from the government, from the state and the federal government — housing, unemployment, food stamps, welfare, all of that,” she said. “You would expect better from an IRS agent. We all expect better from all of our government employees.”

More@TheTennessean

My, oh my.
    Last edited by Janice; 04-18-2013 at 09:43 AM.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

They are typical Obama supporters.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Fabulous Poster
    The 11 charged in state court are identified as: Raya Banks, 47; Clara Cannon, 61; Alma Childers, 64; Cathryn Fair, 50; Robert Graves, 60; Mechell Hampton, 35; Nicole Nickson, 39; Diane Malone, 56; Myra Thompson, 32; Katina Thurman, 39, and Pamela Williams, 47, all of Memphis.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The 11 charged in state court are identified as: Raya Banks, 47; Clara Cannon, 61; Alma Childers, 64; Cathryn Fair, 50; Robert Graves, 60; Mechell Hampton, 35; Nicole Nickson, 39; Diane Malone, 56; Myra Thompson, 32; Katina Thurman, 39, and Pamela Williams, 47, all of Memphis.
    I want mug shots, dammit! I have to pay frigging taxes on the pittance I make, and these folks who are responsible for taking my hard earned money are actually criminals?

I want mug shots. I want the perp walk. Tar and feathers!

"The state said the majority of those cases involved fraud."

they are DEAD! Of course it's fraud. And they call them journalists.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I want mug shots, dammit! I have to pay frigging taxes on the pittance I make, and these folks who are responsible for taking my hard earned money are actually criminals?

I want mug shots. I want the perp walk. Tar and feathers!
    I wonder which one of them is next in line for Geithner's job? After all, if tax evasion doesn't disqualify someone to be Secretary of the Treasury (or a congressman like Charlie Rangel), then theft of tax money must be an even better qualifier for government service.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    "The state said the majority of those cases involved fraud."

they are DEAD! Of course it's fraud. And they call them journalists.
    Well, to be fair, the majority of what passes for journalism is also fraud.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

IMPO the whole IRS is guilty of theft - but the gubmint made them do it.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.