1. #1 Americans 'snapping' by the millions 
    David Kupelian
    Terrorism. Chaos. Fear of the future. In the age of Obama, America is undergoing a “fundamental transformation” – that much everyone knows.

But what few seem to realize about this transformation is that the sheer stress of living in today’s America is driving tens of millions to the point of illness, depression and self-destruction. Consider the following trends:

Suicide has surpassed car crashes as the leading cause of injury death for Americans. Even more disturbing, in the world’s greatest military, more U.S. soldiers died last year by suicide than in combat;

Fully one-third of the nation’s employees suffer chronic debilitating stress, and more than half of all “millennials” (18 to 33 year olds) experience a level of stress that keeps them awake at night, including large numbers diagnosed with depression or anxiety disorder.

Shocking new research from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention shows that one in five of all high-school-aged children in the United States has been diagnosed with ADHD, and likewise a large new study of New York City residents shows, sadly, that one in five preteens – children aged six to 12 – have been medically diagnosed with either ADHD, anxiety, depression or bipolar disorder;

New research concludes that stress renders people susceptible to serious illness, and a growing number of studies now confirm that chronic stress plays a major role in the progression of cancer, the nation’s second-biggest killer. The biggest killer of all, heart disease, which causes one in four deaths in the U.S., is also known to have a huge stress component;
    Read More>http://www.wnd.com/2013/04/americans...-the-millions/
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

This is great news for the pharmacuetical industry!

I believe it. Sensory overload is the reason-too much information to process. I sometimes long for the simpler days.

Power CUer
    You don't have to take in all the information and try to process it. You can simplify things to some extent yourself. Instead of TV or the Smart phone or iPad at dinner, we put on soft jazz or classical music, light the candles, and (ready?) TALK to each other over a nice meal and a glass of wine.

You can decide to watch news only at certain times rather than 24/7. You can tune out the noise of the silly reality shows.

Sometimes, we even read BOOKS. And not on our kindles, either.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    You don't have to take in all the information and try to process it. You can simplify things to some extent yourself. Instead of TV or the Smart phone or iPad at dinner, we put on soft jazz or classical music, light the candles, and (ready?) TALK to each other over a nice meal and a glass of wine.

You can decide to watch news only at certain times rather than 24/7. You can tune out the noise of the silly reality shows.

Sometimes, we even read BOOKS. And not on our kindles, either.

My 13 year old niece reads everything she can on her Kindle. I don't get it, but I had to recently admit that I need reading glasses for books. There's no way I could read a book off a Kindle at this point without huge font.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post

Fortunately for basement dwelling libs, I work, so I cannot watch news 24/7. I'm lucky if I can watch 30 minutes in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I believe it. Sensory overload is the reason-too much information to process. I sometimes long for the simpler days.
    So true of what many of us have to deal with in our daily jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post
    So true of what many of us have to deal with in our daily jobs.
    My job is giving me daily headaches. New demanding boss, short staffed, new work hours, not knowing what shift I'll end up on, medical benefits are all jacked up now...my insurance is no longer paying for my prescription med, It's all FUCKED up. I'm going through a stressful period right now and my job has a lot to do with it.
    Worst part is that I have to wait till July before I can take a week off. It can't come fast enough.