Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    3 uparmored HMMVEES are on their way to Watertown to provide protection for whatever is happening there.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Sonnabend
    Okay this makes no sense. Pakistan, Iraq, Iran....they'd be AQ training centres..but muslim or no, wouldnt the Chechnyans logically be more interested in hitting Russian targets? Their beef is with Russia first and foremost.

Am I missing something?

Calling EOD to one of the houses in the search cordon reports of a "rocket" found in the basement.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Okay this makes no sense. Pakistan, Iraq, Iran....they'd be AQ training centres..but muslim or no, wouldnt the Chechnyans logically be more interested in hitting Russian targets? Their beef is with Russia first and foremost.

Am I missing something?
    Russia has been their traditional opponent. Chechnya has in the past been a training ground for AQ and taliban fighters before the head off to fight us in the ME.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    MSNBC: Older (dead) brother is 26. Came to US in 2007

The brothers came with their family into the US in either 2002 or 2003.

Well there's the angle the media will play...it's Bush's fault.
    That would make the one kid 9 when they came here which means what? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? That there are sleeper cells here but the MSM will continue to ignore this and continue blaming the conservative movement.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Russia has been their traditional opponent. Chechnya has in the past been a training ground for AQ and taliban fighters before the head off to fight us in the ME.
    Exactly. And, the global jihad transcends specific nationalities. To the jihadis, we're all infidels. A Chechen jihadi, like a Saudi jihadi, will happily kill a Russian atheist, an American Christian or any other non-Muslim. We're all one big happy dar al harb.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Am I missing something?
    Chechnyans were known to help the Taliban so this isn't that much of a stretch. It's going to be interesting to see how far this stretches because you're right, the Chechnyan beef has been for independence from Russia so bringing their fight here is a bit of a head scratcher.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Am I missing something?

I'm sure that the FBI is checking their travels over the past few years.

They have been in the US since coming here with their families when they were middle-school aged. They probably don't have too much of a beef with Russia at this point. This is more about their desire to please Allah.

If this guy were there...this could be over by now.

Boston PD scanner...officer just said the suspect is posting on line and said "I will kill you all as you killed my brother".