Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Pathetic bouncy but better than nothing 
    DefenseLawyer
    Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Sat Sep-27-08 09:22 PM
    Original message

Tales from Indiana

A cool moment in a convenience store this afternoon in the deep red of Indiana, Mike Pence's district. There was a very long line (a professional lottery player buying way too many tickets apparently), anyway a lady walked in wearing an Obama t-shirt. I was waiting for eyes to roll and muttering to begin, but to my surprise one old guy said "Like that shirt" and people in the line started talking about the debate and Obama and there was a consensus that Obama did well and was going to win. Now this is in a town where even the Democrats are Republicans. I was grinning from ear to ear and didn't even mind waiting for 5 minutes on lotto man. The times they are a changin'. Dig it.
    It's a sucky, poorly written bouncy but at least the DUmmy is making an effort to end the bouncy drought. And I give it 1/2 bong for the "dig it" just because I haven't heard that term in decades.

LINK: http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x7226353

Why do all DUmp bouncys take place in convenience stores, backyards, and grocery stores? Do these people never work? Go to church? Attend sporting events?

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Do these people never work? Go to church? Attend sporting events?
    Most DUmmies have an aversion to work and church. And their idea of sports is competitive Cheeto eating and keyboarding, activities that don't have organized events.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilise View Post
    Most DUmmies have an aversion to work and church. And their idea of sports is competitive Cheeto eating and keyboarding, activities that don't have organized events.
    Well, that would explain the shortage of bouncy venues, I guess. It always strikes me as weird since I go to a convenience store maybe 2 times a month, if that.

Well, that would explain the shortage of bouncy venues, I guess. It always strikes me as weird since I go to a convenience store maybe 2 times a month, if that.
    I go to the convenience store a few times per week - we're out in the country and it's the closest place to get milk, gas, etc.

Funny, as often as I go, I've never seen a political discussion at the convenience store. And I've even seen SUVs at the gas pump with McCain or Bush stickers, but nobody ever confronts them.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Why do all DUmp bouncys take place in convenience stores, backyards, and grocery stores? Do these people never work? Go to church? Attend sporting events?

Don't forget gas stations, they love those, almost always a big eeeeevil SUV involved. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

but to my surprise one old guy said "Like that shirt" and people in the line started talking about the debate and Obama and there was a consensus that Obama did well and was going to win.
    I've never been in a line anywhere - grocery story, Wal-mart, convenience store - where people talked about anything of significance.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

8. #8 Go 
    Don't forget the run on Dr. bouncies we had going there. I thought they needed health ins.
    I have only heard one bouncy, but real, in a coffee shop. About Sara Palin, what a great pick. This woman went on about how GWB had let her down. The only reason I could her was she was sitting three tables from the guy she was talking to. I never did get my food. I had to go to work hungery.
    ________
    Starcraft 2 Replays\
    Last edited by Scarlet; 04-18-2011 at 06:40 AM.

ZERO BONGS

Seriously dull bouncy.

Where the hell did all the notoriously pathetic overacted bouncies go???
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

I sort of believe this one...if they were all in line to buy lottery tickets. I doubt many repigs are dumb enough to spend the time waiting, or the money on those kind of odds. I can see a line of Obama voters doing both. :D
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.