Thread: Pathetic bouncy but better than nothing

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Why do all DUmp bouncys take place in convenience stores, backyards, and grocery stores? Do these people never work? Go to church? Attend sporting events?
    Most DUmmies believe that work= selling out and becoming slaves of the mean old corporate empire, that church is for brainless "fundy" fanatics (Yet many have no problem with astrology and various forms of paganism/ the occult), and that sporting events are for dumb, unsophisticated rednecks (A conclusion most likely drawn from the fact that most of them were always picked last for sports and games in school).
    I wouldn't even call it a Bouncy, as it really contains none of the traditional elements of a Bouncy ("Repukes," "Fundies," oppressive cops, confrontations, conversions, etc.)
    Last edited by movie buff; 09-28-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Why do all DUmp bouncys take place in convenience stores, backyards, and grocery stores? Do these people never work? Go to church? Attend sporting events?
    Another one!!
    usnret88 Donating Member (1000+ posts) CMon Sep-29-08 05:22 PM
    Original message
    I had a good chat over coffee at a convenience store today.

I stopped for coffee this morning at my favorite convenience store, and a customer at the counter asked me if I thought she was an airhead. Naturally I asked who, and he said “Sarah.” I told him I did, and then we started chatting. He said that he didn’t think McCain was that bad, but he was concerned that Sarah had been picked for a running mate.

I told the guy that I thought McCain, just like the statement in “A Few Good Men” had “…no code. He had no honor…”

“Did you know,” I asked, “that McCain was out chasing skirts before he had divorced his first wife, who had been disfigured in an accident while he was a POW? Or that he had crashed four aircraft prior to the one in which he was shot down? Or that he finished right near the bottom of his Naval Academy graduating class? Or that he consistently voted against bills for vet benefits? Shall I go on?’

The guy had not heard any of this. We had about five more minutes after that, and when I left, I heard him asking the clerk “Did you know…”

It was a good cup of coffee.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

MottDaHoop
    Quote Originally Posted by Eilise View Post
    I go to the convenience store a few times per week - we're out in the country and it's the closest place to get milk, gas, etc.

Funny, as often as I go, I've never seen a political discussion at the convenience store. And I've even seen SUVs at the gas pump with McCain or Bush stickers, but nobody ever confronts them.
    That is because the bad guys know there are cops hiding in the bushes!