Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 I Want to Know If the Brothers Bought Their Guns Legally... 
    link

Star Member DonRedwood (3,298 posts)

I Want to Know If the Brothers Bought Their Guns Legally...
    Come to America!

Buy any guns you want!!

Shoot some Americans!!

Because in America anyone can buy guns. Even, I'd guess, people on the terrorism lists. They can't fly but they can buy guns at a gun show.
    Star Member onehandle (34,906 posts)
    1. There may be Hell to pay, re: Senate Vote Of Shame. nt
    Recursion (24,581 posts)
    2. They were MA residents

They faced some of the strongest gun laws in the country
    7. yup... and Americans can travel freely to other states with no rules and buy guns

Even if your state has laws....doesn't mean you can't drive a few hours to another one to get some guns and ammo.
    Star Member Recursion (24,581 posts)
    14. And doing so breaks the law

It is illegal to do that
    pr 19, 2013, 10:53 AM

19. Um.... do you think they care if HOW they got their guns break the law?

since they used them to murder people?
    Star Member Recursion (24,581 posts)
    22. Umm... That's the NRA's point, right?
    Yes, they don't care that they were breaking the law. I agree.
    Leslie Valley (244 posts)
    29. I want to know if they followed all applicable local state and federal law

regarding the construction and deployment of IED's.

My DOG, the stupid here burns sometimes.
    Sometimes? Try ALL THE TIME and you'll be MUCH closer to the truth.

Fabulous Poster
    Sounds like there is hope for Leslie.

And, if it was proven that they bought their guns illegally (like most criminals), what would their argument then be?

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    What a bunch of morons.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    And, if it was proven that they bought their guns illegally (like most criminals), what would their argument then be?
    That we're racists. D-uh!

These guys were minors, who lived in a state with some of the strictest gun laws in the country. They couldn't have bought them legally in Massachusetts. To buy their guns legally, they'd have had to have residency in a state with looser laws, and they'd have to prove residency with IDs.

Now, where did they buy their explosives, and can we close the explosive show loophole?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

These guys were minors, who lived in a state with some of the strictest gun laws in the country. They couldn't have bought them legally in Massachusetts. To buy their guns legally, they'd have had to have residency in a state with looser laws, and they'd have to prove residency with IDs.

Now, where did they buy their explosives, and can we close the explosive show loophole?
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Last I heard, one was 26 (the one who got shot last night), and the other is 19. So the older brother theoretically could have legally bought a handgun, but I'm guessing he would have had a pretty hard time with the form 4473 answering the part about how he was a resident alien from Chechnya.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Last I heard, one was 26 (the one who got shot last night), and the other is 19. So the older brother theoretically could have legally bought a handgun, but I'm guessing he would have had a pretty hard time with the form 4473 answering the part about how he was a resident alien from Chechnya.
    Maybe he got it from one of the Mexican drug cartels that got theirs from the Obama administration.
    --Odysseus

It's rather amusing to watch the gun grabbers try to argue for grabbing guns from law abiding citizens when criminals acquire guns by breaking already existing laws. The stupid. It does burn.
    Be Not Afraid.

It's rather amusing to watch the gun grabbers try to argue for grabbing guns from law abiding citizens when criminals acquire guns by breaking already existing laws. The stupid. It does burn.
    They are just positive if only guns were illegal then people would be unable to buy them illegally. That's worked so well for illegal drugs, right?