Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1 The acorn doesn't fall far from the tree.... 
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,159
    http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/0...on-is-touched/


    If i was the cops near him I would shoot him on sight just to stop hell from breaking loose
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/0...on-is-touched/


    If i was the cops near him I would shoot him on sight just to stop hell from breaking loose
    Note the flag that Papa Tsarnaev is posing in front of.



    I guess that the nut doesn't fall far from the tree.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    http://www.mrconservative.com/2013/0...on-is-touched/


    If i was the cops near him I would shoot him on sight just to stop hell from breaking loose
    Note the flag that Papa Tsarnaev is posing in front of.



    On Edit: It turns out that this is not the father of the terrorists, but Dokku Umarov, the leader of the Islamic Caucasus Emirate, al Qaeda's affiliate in the Caucasus. He is designated as a terrorist by the US government. Long War Journal has a bio of him here: http://www.longwarjournal.org/archiv...#ixzz2QvnExfkT

    The blog that used this photo to illustrate the comment about the father of the terrorist has obscured the motives of the perp's father. Thanks to Linda numbers for the correction.
    Last edited by Odysseus; 04-19-2013 at 01:29 PM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,473
    Do we know this is a picture of the father? I didn't see any source or credit. Don't start anything - I'm just asking. With so many rumors flying around, it doesn't hurt to know a few facts.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,159
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Do we know this is a picture of the father? I didn't see any source or credit. Don't start anything - I'm just asking. With so many rumors flying around, it doesn't hurt to know a few facts.
    For the love of pete......just go with it, its not the end of the world if it isn't the father.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,473
    Oh, okay, accuracy doesn't matter. I only asked because I quickly found this picture (among many) of Chechen Islamist leader Doku Umarov. Now, I'm certainly no expert, but I do sense a certain resemblance.

    http://www.longwarjournal.org/archiv...tes_caucas.php
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,159
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Oh, okay, accuracy doesn't matter. I only asked because I quickly found this picture (among many) of Chechen Islamist leader Doku Umarov. Now, I'm certainly no expert, but I do sense a certain resemblance.

    http://www.longwarjournal.org/archiv...tes_caucas.php
    Well the picture might be wrong but the quote is being spread far and wide, I suggest you track it down and check its validity
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,473
    No, I'm not questioning the quote. The fact that the picture is uncaptioned leads you to believe that it is a picture of the father. It also leads you to believe that the father is a big deal, a Chechan Islamist leader. Don't you think that matters? I'll bet Odysseus does.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    For the love of pete......just go with it, its not the end of the world if it isn't the father.
    Uh, actually it makes a big difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    No, I'm not questioning the quote. The fact that the picture is uncaptioned leads you to believe that it is a picture of the father. It also leads you to believe that the father is a big deal, a Chechan Islamist leader. Don't you think that matters? I'll bet Odysseus does.
    I do, and I stand corrected.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,473
    I wasn't doing it to "score off" anyone, believe me. The image just seemed familiar to me, and the implied message of the picture was that the father was a militant leader. We are all subject to being "led" in various ways through subtle or not so subtle misdirection. My job is to deliver information to my corporate clients, and that information needs to be as accurate as possible (whatever direction that takes me in). My inclination, therefore, is to check things out as much as I possibly can, and that picture just rang a distant bell in my mind. It didn't take long to find it.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •