Thread: Big Bang Theory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1 Big Bang Theory 
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,143
    Anybody watch this? I recently started watching it and I must say it's hilarious. I mean laugh out loud funny which is refreshing in today's TV market. I mean, this kind of funny:

    Last edited by NJCardFan; 04-16-2013 at 10:58 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    CU Royalty JB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    8,060
    Is that my arm?

    Be Not Afraid.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,155
    Yes I just started to watch it myself and I find it very funny
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,428
    Definitely our guilty pleasure. I have pretty much Penny's level of physics knowledge, and I'm laughing at jokes about Schroedinger's cat.

    Got a favorite character? Mine is probably Raj, with his selective mutism.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Definitely our guilty pleasure. I have pretty much Penny's level of physics knowledge, and I'm laughing at jokes about Schroedinger's cat.

    Got a favorite character? Mine is probably Raj, with his selective mutism.


    I like Howard, how he used govt projects to get laid. (or tried to)


    Why is it a guilty pleasure? A bit low brow for you? lol
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,428
    No, not "lowbrow", we just don't tend to get into most sitcoms. This one is very well written, though. I've heard that if you know any physics, some of the whiteboard equations are a scream. I'll take their word for it.

    I love some of the incongruities, like Sheldon being the child of a fundamentalist who believes in creationism. “No, Mother, I could not feel your church group praying for my safety. The fact that I'm home safe does not prove that it worked. That logic is post hoc, ergo propter hoc. No, I'm not sassing you in Eskimo talk.”
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member Bailey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,155
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    No, not "lowbrow", we just don't tend to get into most sitcoms. This one is very well written, though. I've heard that if you know any physics, some of the whiteboard equations are a scream. I'll take their word for it.

    I love some of the incongruities, like Sheldon being the child of a fundamentalist who believes in creationism. “No, Mother, I could not feel your church group praying for my safety. The fact that I'm home safe does not prove that it worked. That logic is post hoc, ergo propter hoc. No, I'm not sassing you in Eskimo talk.”
    Yes but I love how his mother handles him and can out think him.


    I like the episode where Penny was fighting with the lady that moved in upstairs and Howard quickly grabs Leonard because he would break up the fight lol


    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Yes but I love how his mother handles him and can out think him.

    If it's anything to do with human reactions and emotions, she's way ahead of him. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,143
    The only issue I have with the show is when they gave them girlfriends. There is no way someone like Penny would sleep with let alone date Leonard not to mention that there is no way she would sleep with Raj even in a drunken stupor. Then to give Howard an equally sexy(however an annoying voice) girl when in the early seasons he could get laid in a whorehouse and then marry her. The only coupling that makes sense is Amy, who would date a shoe if it asked her out, and Sheldon although to Sheldon the relationship seems to be rather platonic. Anyhoo, the show was much better with the sexual tension they had. If you're banging a hot chick like Penny or Bernadette you can't be considered a nerd. Even Raj for a bit had that hot deaf girl.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,056
    I been watching it since it debuted. I love the show. Although I haven't watched it much this season. I been too busy with other things. You can see them on TBS every night also.

    The girl who plays Bernadet is flipping HOT... Wow ...

    I like when Sarah Gilbert is on the show also. Some of my favorites have been when Wil Wheaton is on ...

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •