Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by RobJohnson View Post

It should also send a strong message to any young converts to the Islamic terrorist movement that their actions will have consequences if they try to pull any shit here on our soil.
    This doesn't matter. Death means martyrdom which is the highest honor.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Unfortunately, you are correct in that particular statement, at least, NJ ...

This is a "global" war against all infidels and it is picking up speed far too quickly among these followers of their evil prophet.

We and the celebrating folks in Mass. and around the country are not the evil ones ... they who feel it is their *duty* to kill us are!!!

I had better stop before I go too far off topic!
    American By Choice ~ 1980

Sonnabend
    ‘Tis not due yet; I would be loath to pay him before his day. What need I be so forward with him that calls not on me? Well, ’tis no matter; honour pricks me on. Yea, but how if honour prick me off when I
    come on? how then? Can honour set to a leg? no: or an arm? no: or take away the grief of a wound? no. Honour hath no skill in surgery, then? no. What is honour? a word. What is in that word honour? what
    is that honour? air. A trim reckoning! Who hath it? he that died o’ Wednesday. Doth he feel it? no. Doth he hear it? no. ‘Tis insensible, then. Yea,to the dead. But will it not live with the living?
    no. Why? detraction will not suffer it. ThereforeI’ll none of it. Honour is a mere scutcheon: and so ends my catechism.
    The sad part is that they will never understand that there is no honour in death.

To their sick perception, maybe, the rest of us would rather have more to live for, than to die ignominiously.

He died not a martyr...just a sick, twisted, common murderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    The sad part is that they will never understand that there is no honour in death.

To their sick perception, maybe, the rest of us would rather have more to live for, than to die ignominiously.

He died not a martyr...just a sick, twisted, common murderer.
    Actually, there can be honor in death. When I was a freshman in high school, one of our assistant principles drowned while saving another student who was drowning during a class trip to Puerto Rico. But you are right in that dying during an act of unspeakable violence and destruction is not an honorable act.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Dead is dead. I don't need to see the photo, but I can understand why some people need to see it to put it to rest.

But this kind of thing has always happened, long before the internet. The papers as long ago as 1917 got hold of photos of Rasputin's corpse. Someone in Florida released a photo of Ted Bundy's crispy corpse after his execution.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Actually, this could have a negative impact on jihadis. Most of them have a romantic, unrealistic view of death. They see martyrdom the way that the Palestinians play it, with huge funerals and crying family, not to mention open caskets or shrouds (especially easy if the "deceased" isn't actually dead, as happens quite a bit in Pallywood). The reality of it is far uglier, and may end up dissuading some of the jihadis during the earlier phases of their radicalization.

And, once again, we're not giving enough consideration to the pigskin shroud and pigfat embalming.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!