1. #1 Canadian police: 2 arrested in al Qaeda-supported terror plot 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By CNN Staff
    updated 4:18 PM EDT, Mon April 22, 2013

(CNN) -- Canadian authorities have arrested two men accused of plotting to attack a passenger train in an al Qaeda-supported plot, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Monday.

Chiheb Esseghaier, 30, of Montreal, and Raed Jaser, 35, of Toronto, are accused of conspiring to murder people on a VIA Canadian railway train, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said. While the suspects had the capacity to carry out an attack, the public was never in imminent danger, police told reporters.

Police said the suspects "were receiving support from al Qaeda elements in Iran."

The support entailed direction and guidance, police said.

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

Thank you for putting this in SR ...

As some of you in here know, Mr. ABC and I were both born in England, and grew up in Canada before moving to the US and became citizens.

Since 9/11 *some* of our English and Canadian, family and friends have thought that the terrorism that we have in this country has been because of our own doing, and we are being paid back because of it.

I can't really say that they relish the fact, but they come across as being so *superior* and *smug* it drives us crazy!

I am so thankful that this plot was thwarted, especially since most of them live in the Toronto area, as did we.

Perhaps this will finally open their eyes as to what is really going on!

Must now go and check out "The Toronto Sun" (Conservative) and "The Toronto Star" (Liberal) plus The "Globe & Mail" (National) newspapers to see what they have to report on this
    American By Choice ~ 1980

The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You bum! ...

Now you made me forget what I came in to add to my post!!!

Oh yes ... Mr. ABC and I have ridden on that train a few times when we did not feel like driving to Montreal. Many Torontonians take the VIA train to Mtl. Is the quickest no-fuss way to get there.

( MTL is, or should say "was" when we lived in Toronto, a super city to visit, for the food, the culture, fantastic hotels and restaurants ... plus designer cothing stores galore (which I loved) etc. Was like visiting a separate country altogether from the rest of Canada.)

While I don't think Snidely Whiplash was the villain this time, I believe this guy, not Dudley Do-Right made the collar:

The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

You guys are funny! And while I really do get a kick out of the humor, must give you an FYI here.

The red coats (and beige hats) are worn only for "parade" when on their horses for special occasions. That is why they are called the Mounties.

The RCMP in Canada is equivalent to the FBI, and when these guys come to your door, you daren't even smile or breathe in the wrong direction!

Just thought I'd let you know.
    Last edited by ABC in Georgia; 04-22-2013 at 11:50 PM. Reason: hat description if you must know!

Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    You guys are funny! And while I really do get a kick out of the humor, must give you an FYI here.

The red coats (and beige hats) are worn only for "parade" when on their horses for special occasions. That is why they are called the Mounties.

The RCMP in Canada is equivalent to the FBI, and when these guys come to your door, you daren't even smile or breathe in the wrong direction!

Just thought I'd let you know.
    Their horses are horny.

I moostah made a wrong turn somewhere?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg