Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 White privilege is knowing that even if the Boston Marathon bomber 
    That evil White Privilege rears its ugly head as Muslim Chechen immigrants bomb Boston!

morningfog (3,772 posts)

White privilege is knowing that even if the Boston Marathon bomber turns out

White privilege is knowing that even if the Boston Marathon bomber turns out to be white, his or her identity will not result in white folks generally being singled out for suspicion by law enforcement, or the TSA, or the FBI.
    White privilege is knowing that even if the bomber turns out to be white, no one will call for whites to be profiled as terrorists as a result, subjected to special screening, or threatened with deportation.

White privilege is knowing that if the bomber turns out to be white, he or she will be viewed as an exception to an otherwise non-white rule, an aberration, an anomaly, and that he or she will be able to join the ranks of Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols and Ted Kaczynski and Eric Rudolph and Joe Stack and George Metesky and Byron De La Beckwith and Bobby Frank Cherry and Thomas Blanton and Herman Frank Cash and Robert Chambliss and James von Brunn and Robert Mathews and David_Lane and Michael F. Griffin and Paul Hill and John Salvi and James Kopp and Luke Helder and James David Adkisson and Scott Roeder and Shelley Shannon and Wade Michael Page and Byron Williams and Kevin Harpham and William Krar and Judith Bruey and Edward Feltus and Raymond Kirk Dillard and Adam Lynn Cunningham and Bonnell Hughes and Randall Garrett Cole and James Ray McElroy and Michael Gorbey and Daniel Cowart and Paul Schlesselman and Frederick Thomas and Paul Ross Evans and Matt Goldsby and Jimmy Simmons and Kathy Simmons and Kaye Wiggins and Patricia Hughes and Jeremy Dunahoe and David McMenemy and Bobby Joe Rogers and Francis Grady and Demetrius Van Crocker and Floyd Raymond Looker, among the pantheon of white people who engage in politically motivated violence meant to terrorize and kill, but whose actions result in the assumption of absolutely nothing about white people generally, or white Christians in particular.

And white privilege is being able to know nothing about the crimes committed by most of the terrorists listed above indeed, never to have so much as heard most of their names let alone to make assumptions about the role that their racial or ethnic identity may have played in their crimes.

White privilege is knowing that if the Boston bomber turns out to be white, we will not be asked to denounce him or her, so as to prove our own loyalties to the common national good. It is knowing that the next time a cop sees one of us standing on the sidewalk cheering on runners in a marathon, that cop will say exactly nothing to us as a result.

http://thewizardofox.tumblr.com/post...-if-the-boston
    Even international jihadist politics can be jammed into a black/white domestic narrative.

Meanwhile, as they fight "white privilege", Mexican gangs are doing some "ethnic cleansing" in some traditionally black enclaves in Los Angeles.

Progressive privilege is knowing that even if the reporters covering the Boston Marathon bomber turn out to be stupid, their stupidity will not result in their being singled out for ridicule and derision by the media.

Progressive privilege is knowing that even if the politicians and reporters who desperately wanted the bomber to be white will not be profiled as opportunistic idiots and laughed off of the national stage.

Progressive privilege is knowing that if the media and their favorite politicians are proven to be complete drooling morons, they will be viewed as an exception to an otherwise brilliant media/political class, an aberration, an anomaly, and that they will be able to join the ranks of Joe Biden, Chris Matthews, Bill Maher, Sheila Jackson Lee, Al Gore, Soledad O'Brien, Kathy Griffin, Danny Glover, Sean Penn, Dan Rather, ChucK Schumer, Anthony Weiner and that guy who was afraid that the Marines would tip over Guam as members of our anointed elite as soon as the public forgets what truly ignorant, obnoxious tools they are.

And Progressive privilege is being able to know nothing about the idiocies committed by most of the imbecili listed above — indeed, never to have so much as heard most of their names — let alone to make assumptions about complex issues like health care, counterterrorist operations, gun control, abortion or any of the other things that they routinely pontificate about without having a clue.

Progressive privilege is knowing that no matter what the Boston bomber turns out to be, Progressives will not be asked to explain why they ignored the facts, history and trends in terrorism or reminded of how wrong they were in assuming that the bombers were Tea Party members, tax protestors or some other variation on the left's meme of the volatile, angry white male. It is knowing that the next time a viewer sees one of them behind an anchor desk at MSNBC, cheering on Democrats in an election or denouncing Republicans as racists, without any evidence beyond their own prejudices, or making bizarre, unsubstantiated claims about the wonders of the latest Progressive fad (transgendered pets, anyone?) that the revulsion and disdain that the Progressives earn will be blamed on anything but their own arrogance, stupidity and cowardice.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I'm sick of this bullshit.

If you want brown, black, yellow or green privilege stop being scumbag criminals.
    Be Not Afraid.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Progressive privilege is knowing that even if the reporters covering the Boston Marathon bomber turn out to be stupid, their stupidity will not result in their being singled out for ridicule and derision by the media.

LOL!! I'd love to see the heads explode on DU if that got posted...

Nice one Ody.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Someone has to post Ody's response, even if they burn a mole to do it.

How are we defining "white" here? Because the bombers look pretty white to me. The oldest one didn't even look particularly "Middle Eastern" or "Central Asian" to me.

They're not black, either.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    How are we defining "white" here? Because the bombers look pretty white to me. The oldest one didn't even look particularly "Middle Eastern" or "Central Asian" to me.

They aren't white, (ya ya I know they are from the caucasus area of Russia and I don't care) but this is a side bullshit argument to get us off the fact that they are Islamic scum.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    LOL!! I'd love to see the heads explode on DU if that got posted...

Nice one Ody.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Someone has to post Ody's response, even if they burn a mole to do it.
    Thanks much. I can't imagine that it would last more than a minute there, but the sputtering incoherent rage would be fun to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    They aren't white, (ya ya I know they are from the caucasus area of Russia and I don't care) but this is a side bullshit argument to get us off the fact that they are Islamic scum.
    White and black don't apply in this case, because they are only applicable to American domestic politics. The media was trying to identify the bombers as American conservatives, i.e., "Angry White Males" who opposed all of the sweetness and light of the Obama regime so that their actions could be used to suppress dissent against The One. Instead, the bombers turned out to be foreign-born jihadis, supporters of Sharia and Salafist ideology, and al Qaeda fellow travelers, which was exactly what the media didn't want. An anti-government tax protest would have made it easier for Obama to reengage on gun control, while a foreign jihadi makes it harder, and that's the elitists' agenda.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Thanks much. I can't imagine that it would last more than a minute there, but the sputtering incoherent rage would be fun to watch.

White and black don't apply in this case, because they are only applicable to American domestic politics. The media was trying to identify the bombers as American conservatives, i.e., "Angry White Males" who opposed all of the sweetness and light of the Obama regime so that their actions could be used to suppress dissent against The One. Instead, the bombers turned out to be foreign-born jihadis, supporters of Sharia and Salafist ideology, and al Qaeda fellow travelers, which was exactly what the media didn't want. An anti-government tax protest would have made it easier for Obama to reengage on gun control, while a foreign jihadi makes it harder, and that's the elitists' agenda.
    You notice how quick the narrative moved to where they got their guns? Can't have anyone knowing they were muslims
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    You notice how quick the narrative moved to where they got their guns? Can't have anyone knowing they were muslims
    Wait til the media focuses on where they got their pressure cookers! Can you imagine having to sign a federal form in Macy's when you replace your Fagor "Elite"? Perhaps the DUmmies would like background checks on all cookware.