1. #1 Atherton Sending Obama The Bill For Security After Fundraising Visit 
    ATHERTON (CBS SF) The town of Atherton is sending a bill to the White House, asking the Obama Administration to pay up after a fundraising visit earlier this month.

On April 4th, President Obama attended a morning brunch hosted by Liz Simons and Mark Heising, then a luncheon at the home of Marcia and John Goldman. Those stops were to benefit the Democratic National Committee.

Town leaders want someone to pick up the nearly $8,000 tab for police and other security services required during the visit.
    Read More>http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...raising-visit/
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

What do they say? Something like...

Wish in the one hand, crap in the other ... see which one gets filled first?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    What do they say? Something like...

Wish in the one hand, crap in the other ... see which one gets filled first?
    They've got a valid point. It was a partisan political event, not an official visit. The town should not have to foot the bill for political party fundraisers. If the White House fails to respond, they can file suit against the DNC, and force them to go to court in order to explain why they should be able to stick local governments with expenses unrelated to governing.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    They've got a valid point. It was a partisan political event, not an official visit. The town should not have to foot the bill for political party fundraisers. If the White House fails to respond, they can file suit against the DNC, and force them to go to court in order to explain why they should be able to stick local governments with expenses unrelated to governing.
    Yeah, but Obama has rather a bad habit of not paying his bills. AFAIK, he still hasn't paid Chicago back for the two-million-dollar kegger that he threw in Grant Park on election night of 2008.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Good luck trying to collect that debt.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Yeah, but Obama has rather a bad habit of not paying his bills. AFAIK, he still hasn't paid Chicago back for the two-million-dollar kegger that he threw in Grant Park on election night of 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Good luck trying to collect that debt.
    That's what the courts are for. The town sends the bill, not to Obama, but to the DNC, and then waits a reasonable amount of time. Then, when they haven't been reimbursed, they file suit. The bill may or may not get paid, but the campaign ads will be worth it:

"Barack Obama held a partisan political event in the town of Atherton, forcing the cash-strapped town to incur $8,000 in expenses. The Democratic National Committee has not responded to requests for payment, and the town was forced to sue. This may seem like a small amount to a president who blows $1 on a golf weekend with Tiger Woods, or on a state dinner for the President of Mexico, or a political party that has racked up trillions of dollars in deficits, but for a small town that has to live within its means, it's a lot of money, and yet the response of the administration and the Democratic Party has been no response. When you go to the polls, remember that it's not their money. It's yours, and your children's. Tell the DNC that enough is enough."
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!