Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1 Anybody have gout cures 
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,886
    I'm sure I don't have it because I'm not near old enough yet, but if any of you old people have gout cures let me know.
    And I know there are old people here because everybody goes to bed at 9:00.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,824
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm sure I don't have it because I'm not near old enough yet, but if any of you old people have gout cures let me know.
    And I know there are old people here because everybody goes to bed at 9:00.
    I think you have to drink pee. I'm not a doctor but I heard it on the internet so its true.

    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sarasota,FL
    Posts
    42,805
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm sure I don't have it because I'm not near old enough yet, but if any of you old people have gout cures let me know.
    And I know there are old people here because everybody goes to bed at 9:00.
    Funny you should mention this. Just did a late night run to the ER because I thought I'd broken my toe.

    Nope...gout.

    Doc put me on an anti inflammatory called Indomethacin. Been on that for almost four days now and I've gone from barely being able to take a step to walking and moving like nothing had ever happened.

    Certain weight loss pills...taking to much tylenol and not having enough Vitamin C are some of the causes.

    Also if you take vitamins that are high in Niacin it can cause it too.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,886
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Funny you should mention this. Just did a late night run to the ER because I thought I'd broken my toe.

    Nope...gout.

    Doc put me on an anti inflammatory called Indomethacin. Been on that for almost four days now and I've gone from barely being able to take a step to walking and moving like nothing had ever happened.

    Certain weight loss pills...taking to much tylenol and not having enough Vitamin C are some of the causes.

    Also if you take vitamins that are high in Niacin it can cause it too.
    Thank you, I will call my doctor and ask about that medication, I'm trying a few home remedies but the pain has been extreme and I'm using a cane which I am much to young for.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Thank you, I will call my doctor and ask about that medication, I'm trying a few home remedies but the pain has been extreme and I'm using a cane which I am much to young for.
    They gave me crutches...first time I've ever had them...and I found out I'm not coordinated enough to use them.

    But seriously...within 48 hours of using that anti-imflammatory the ER folks gave me I was mobile and relatively pain free. This morning I got out of bed and actually considered for a moment running for PT this morning but didn't want to violate my profile. They've got me taking it three times a day.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,886
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    They gave me crutches...first time I've ever had them...and I found out I'm not coordinated enough to use them.

    But seriously...within 48 hours of using that anti-imflammatory the ER folks gave me I was mobile and relatively pain free. This morning I got out of bed and actually considered for a moment running for PT this morning but didn't want to violate my profile. They've got me taking it three times a day.
    You ought to have a 250 pound billy goat stomp on your foot while you have it, it made me cuss when I got my breath back.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Moderator txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You ought to have a 250 pound billy goat stomp on your foot while you have it, it made me cuss when I got my breath back.
    No I wasn't that crazy. I just limped my way through a JROTC awards banquet in my Class A's.

    But you're right...the pain from this does take your breath away.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,886
    As painful as it was to put on I have some heavy duty steel toe boots with a steel tongue cover, I ended up wearing those because the dogs and goats and everybody said, look at that swollen foot, let's stomp the fuck out of it!
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,615
    I was diagnosed with gout about three years ago. I don't remember what they gave me for medication (whatever it was, it was pretty mild), but I do remember the instructions that they gave me, which struck me as odd. I was told specifically to stay away from anything with cranberry in it, be that cranberry sauce like with Thanksgiving dinner, or any variety of cranberry juice. I was also told specifically to drink lots of the cherry-flavored seltzer water that you can get in bottles at the grocery store. I haven't the foggiest of ideas why I was told that, but I did it, and I have to admit that it did clear up in a couple of days doing that.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •