1. #1 Need a little help 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    I'm not sure, but I think my graphic card is causing my issue.

I've had it for some time, so its not a recent install issue.

During regular surfing of the net, light weight stuff, PC runs fine.

Get into more demanding graphic programs, after about 5 min, computer goes to a black screen and completely locks up.

I have a GPU temp monitoring program, at idle its at 77 c
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Further monitoring during high usage shows upwards of 120 if not higher.
    Last edited by Apocalypse; 04-26-2013 at 10:33 AM.
    Rest In Peace America

Open that sucker up, check for dust accumulation on the heat sinks.

A fine coat of dust is a wonderful insulator of heat...blow it out with compressed air, or one of those cans of compressed cleaner...

If it overheated enough to shut down, you may have already done permanent damage...

Try one of these, if you have a machine that runs hot (AMDs like to do that...), or you're overclocking...

Fan Controller

We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

Re-install the newest video driver available.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post
    Open that sucker up, check for dust accumulation on the heat sinks.

A fine coat of dust is a wonderful insulator of heat...blow it out with compressed air, or one of those cans of compressed cleaner...

If it overheated enough to shut down, you may have already done permanent damage...

Try one of these, if you have a machine that runs hot (AMDs like to do that...), or you're overclocking...

Fan Controller

Nice little add on, I used this.

Few more options. This is how I knew how hot it was getting, plus the DL is free.

I had blasted it out twice, finally pulled the card in full and nailed the heat sinks. Think that is where the dust was hiding. Couldn't get it without pulling it. Got a good amount out and as you can see, its running cooler already.

Will see if it did the trick.
    Rest In Peace America

Cool beans.

You smoke while you're using your PC?

I do; making dust removal a quarterly maintenance requirement for my machine...
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post
    Cool beans.

You smoke while you're using your PC?

I do; making dust removal a quarterly maintenance requirement for my machine...
    No I don't. I'm usually pretty good at blowing it out, but I never took the card out before to get those heat sinks on that card. Never realized it had them till I watched a youtube vid on cleaning it.

Ran a high end graphic program last night to test it. Hit a high temp of 98 c. No locking up. So 22 degrees cooler, Think I may still check into a PCI port card fan and see if I can cut it some more.

Yaaa another fan....
    Rest In Peace America

While smoking can cause issues, animals who shed also can create the same problem...thus needing maint to get their fur out. Even if not in the same room, if they are in the house, their fur FLOATS!
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    —Benjamin Franklin
    Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

Friend of mine had a PC that was positively choked with dust from parrot feathers...

~John Adams