Thread: Happy ANZAC Day

1. #1 Happy ANZAC Day 
    Power CUer
    Lest we forget.

"Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

ANZAC Day is not a day we know very well in the US, but it's still very well worth observing. On any day remembering the Great War, I like to share my Dad's WW I diary:
    http://www.kancoll.org/articles/cruzan/c_credits.htm

Leave them in peace,
    Break not their long Last Post
    Where in the dark before Paris' portal
    They stemmed the tide and broke the Teuton boast;
    Or where their blood will leap immortal
    In poppy flame on Flanders' fields
    Their endless striving yields
    To dreamless peace.

Erik Achorn, 1921

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

We had an Australian contingent running our hospital in Iraq. Good folks. Happy ANZAC Day!
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    Looks like my picture didn't copy successfully - it was a WWI Australian recruiting poster "Remember the Dardanelles!"
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Try this one -

Power CUer
    And speaking of the Great War, I've just started reading "The Sleepwalkers", the new book on the origins of WWI. It's likely going to be pretty definitive, since it doesn't start with the royal assassinations in Sarajevo in 1914.... but the royal assassinations in Belgrade in 1903. It's getting terrific reviews and I can already see it's not going to be a light browse.

How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg