Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Could Boehner's speakership be history? His daughter is set to marry a black man. 
    link

And the cluelessness and ignorance of the left is front and center.
    They seem to think they "understand" and "know" what conservatives think and believe. LOL
    aaaaaa5a (3,677 posts)

Could Boehner's speakership be history? His daughter is set to marry a black man.

John Boehner's 35 year old daughter Lindsey, (far right in family picture) is engaged to a Jamaican man who has been busted several times for marijuana. House speaker John Boehner opposes marijuana legalization.

The right wing of his party is not going to like this.

?w=567&h=349

Lindsay Boehner, the anti-pot House Speaker’s eldest daughter, is getting ready to marry Jamaica-born construction worker Dominic Lakhan, according the Boca Raton-based National Enquirer.

And the 38-year-old groom was once arrested by sheriff’s deputies for possession of marijuana.

Records show, the Enquirer reports, that Lakhan was pulled over for a traffic violation in Pembroke Pines back in 2006.

And not only was Lakhan driving with an opened can of Natural Lite beer, the report reads, there was an “odor of burnt cannabis emitting from the interior of the vehicle.”

“A search of the vehicle revealed two bags containing approximately 2 grams cannabis . . . inside the center of the ashtray. Suspect admitted to the possession of the cannabis, stating that it was for personal use.”

Lakhan was arrested and charged with misdemeanor pot possession.

Lindsay Boehner and Lakhan, by the way, are already living together in a rented house on east side of Delray. Both are described by neighbors as “really cool.”

Meanwhile, the perpetually-tanned John Boehner, a GOP congressman from Ohio, is adamantly against the use of pot, even for medicinal purposes.

Full Story:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...marijuana.html

http://gossipextra.com/2013/04/24/jo...ay-beach-2537/

To be honest I don't know how newsworthy it is to some people here. But in an era where so much of the GOP movement is based on demographic animosity, I think its thread worthy. And yes, I think the groom's ethnic background more than trumps his drug past when it comes to politics.
    Star Member ecstatic (18,569 posts)
    3. They make exceptions for Allen West, Clarence Thomas

types. I think it depends on if he thinks/talks like a teabagger. On the other hand, I don't hear much about politicians' kids so it may not matter.
    Star Member LittleBlue (2,630 posts)
    4. She's not bad looking
    Bizarre pairing. She looks like your typical high-class politician's daughter, he looks like a Rastafarian or something.

Boehner must have shit himself.

Good luck to them.
    Leslie Valley (292 posts)
    13. The only place I've seen this made an issue is here.

3 or 4 times today already.

Congratulations.
    Star Member malaise (105,263 posts)
    36. Are you freaking serious?

He is not Afro-Jamaican. His father is 100% Indian from Trinidad. His mother is Jamaican. Muslim? As you can see those are locks. I'm literally rolling on the floor laughing.
    Star Member aaaaaa5a (3,677 posts)
    16. Um... no its an issue in a lot of places. Check the right wing hate site blogs. nt
    Really. Of course they give no proof of this.
    Star Member shanti (16,634 posts)
    21. i love it!

way to stick it to pops, lindsay!
    reformist2 (3,820 posts)
    40. They'll do what good Republicans do with embarrassing relatives... they'll pretend he doesn't exist.

They are nothing but a bunch of racists who hate to see a black man marrying a white woman.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

If Boehner loses his speakership, it won't be because his daughter married a black guy from Jamaica with a couple of possession of marijuana charges on his record.

If he lost his speakership, it would be due to one of two possible reasons:

1. The GOP house members decided they wanted someone else to be the speaker in 2014

or

2. The democrats by some miracle retake the house in 2014, which is really not very likely for a lot of reasons.

I suspect that Boehner is not particularly concerned about the racial and national issues, but the pot busts aren't exactly the kind of thing that you hope for when you list the qualities that you want in your future son-in-law. However, with DU, it's racism 24/7.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Oh come on, it's the stuff enemies dream of. Daughter is marrying a Rasta? Tell me that if Chelsea Clinton were set to marry Mustafa Zaheil aba ibn Mohammed it wouldn't be the source of some amusement.

I thought liberals were all for pot possession? I mean think about it. Back in the 60's, all the liberals did was sit on the streets of San Fran tripping on acid and smoking pot. Pot is what they are known for, acid is what they are known for. I think some some of them moved up to smoking crack, though.

And of course they are still the racists they used to be ...

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Oh come on, it's the stuff enemies dream of. Daughter is marrying a Rasta? Tell me that if Chelsea Clinton were set to marry Mustafa Zaheil aba ibn Mohammed it wouldn't be the source of some amusement.
    They would be praising Chelsea for trying to break the barrier. You would think that you would know by now that a liberal can do what they want, but don't anyone else (Conservative/Republican) dare try it. Stupidity and Hypocrisy are two words that fit very well with liberals.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I thought liberals were all for pot possession? I mean think about it. Back in the 60's, all the liberals did was sit on the streets of San Fran tripping on acid and smoking pot. Pot is what they are known for, acid is what they are known for. I think some some of them moved up to smoking crack, though.

Reading comprehension would suggest that the point of the DU article is that the GOP will be upset by Boehner's daughter marrying whatever that is, not that DU is upset by it. DU cheers when white girls get preggers by passing ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Reading comprehension would suggest that the point of the DU article is that the GOP will be upset by Boehner's daughter marrying whatever that is, not that DU is upset by it. DU cheers when white girls get preggers by passing ships.
    No, the GOP would not be upset about it. The Liberal would be as they are the racist party, not the GOP..

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post

I think they are all for legalization of pot, at least for them.

I don't think crack is the problem, I think acid is, even if they are not current users. Especially the ones who dropped acid in the 60s, when it was stronger than what is currently on the streets. Someone once explained to me (a drug-lab cop at a work-related training, of course) that the LSD today has a slightly different molecular structure than the "classic LSD", but there is no way I have the understanding of chemistry to explain that to anyone in specific terms.