Thread: Boston Bomber will not be treated as an enemy combatent.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Boston Bomber will not be treated as an enemy combatant, but charged. 
    [snip]

Boston bombing suspect charged, will not be treated as enemy combatant

The White House said Monday that the surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing will not be treated as an enemy combatant, in response to calls from Republican lawmakers to consider that option for the sake of intelligence gathering.
    The announcement came as a federal complaint was filed against suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. Fox News has learned that the suspect made an initial appearance in front of a federal magistrate judge at the hospital where he is still being treated. No plea was entered.
    The complaint charged Tsarnaev with using a weapon of mass destruction at the marathon one week ago, an attack that killed three people and injured more than 200. The document authorized the death penalty or life imprisonment to be sought.

[/snip]
    Read More: Boston Bomber will not be treated as an enemy combatant

Not treated as an enemy combatant, but charged with using a weapon of Mass Destruction? I thought there was no such thing as a weapon of mass destruction? At least when Bush was in office they denied they existed. I am glad he is charged though. He could get the death penalty; and with Eric Holder being the one to decide, I look for him to rot in federal prison for life. They won't send him to Gitmo.
    Last edited by LukeEDay; 04-22-2013 at 03:12 PM.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

I don't give a shit what they/how they charge him with as long as they "question" him until he gives up every piece of info he has and he ends up with a needle in his arm.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I don't give a shit what they/how they charge him with as long as they "question" him until he gives up every piece of info he has and he ends up with a needle in his arm.
    +1

He is a citizen on American soil and in my opinion should be tried as a citizen.
    And then a hanging immediately following the trial.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Now boys...that would be mean and we can't have that!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    He is a citizen on American soil and in my opinion should be tried as a citizen.
    And then a hanging immediately following the trial.
    I agree with you on the first part.

The second largely depends on the role this 19-year-old had. Remember the sniper case, back in 2002. The older man was running the show and the kid (a nephew I believe) was under his influence and control. We may have something similar going on here.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Now boys...that would be mean and we can't have that!!!
    All we are saying is give rope a chance.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I agree with you on the first part.

The second largely depends on the role this 19-year-old had. Remember the sniper case, back in 2002. The older man was running the show and the kid (a nephew I believe) was under his influence and control. We may have something similar going on here.
    Without older brother around (since younger brother ran over him and killed him dead), there is no way to know if older brother was running anything. Although the defense is already running that angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    All we are saying is give rope a chance.

HAHA ..

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Without older brother around (since younger brother ran over him and killed him dead), there is no way to know if older brother was running anything. Although the defense is already running that angle.
    Remember the sniper case, though. The older sniper was definitely telling the younger guy what to do. Also, from what I've been hearing in this case, the younger Chechen brother spent a lot of his time wasted. Stoner.

Well, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Remember the sniper case, though. The older sniper was definitely telling the younger guy what to do. Also, from what I've been hearing in this case, the younger Chechen brother spent a lot of his time wasted. Stoner.

Well, we'll see.

The sniper case was different. The older man had been a stepfather to the younger one, and had been influencing him/brainwashing him for years. He had cut him off from people who may have intervened and controlled his access to books, music, newspapers/media, and kept him away from school. He created a kind of Manchurian candidate in the kid, and manipulated him into killing people.

This is not the same. The 19 year old appeared to have adjusted well to living
    here-made friends, was liked, etc. His brother never really did, other than that he got married at some point. Even if the older brother did manipulate the younger one into the plot, the younger brother was older than the DC sniper kid when his brother started trying to radicalize him. This young man bears a lot more responsibility for his actions than the kid in the DC sniper case-and I use the terms "man" and "kid" on purpose, because the DC sniper was 17 when he was apprehended, and this guy is 19.

I want to make it clear, though, that I am not overly sympathetic to the DC sniper case, it's just that there is a difference from a psychological or social history kind of standpoint that is probably why that kid got a life sentence and not a death sentence.