Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Indictment: Prison gang leader fathered 5 children with 4 guards. 
    You can't make this shit up:

Indictment: Prison gang leader fathered 5 children with 4 guards

A Baltimore prisoner is said to have fathered five children with four different corrections officers while incarcerated, according to a recently unsealed federal racketeering indictment.

Tavon White, allegedly of the Black Guerrilla Family gang, reportedly bragged about his position of power within the jail. In an intercepted phone call detailed in the indictment, White is alleged to have said, "I hold the highest seat you can get. So regardless of what anybody say, whatever I say is law. Like I am the law... My word is law..., so if I told any mother-******* body they had to do this, hit a police, do this, kill a mother-******, do anything, it got to get done. Period."

The indictment is as disturbing as it is astounding. In it, prosecutors detail the various sexual relationships White had with different prison guards. Two of the women had the name "Tavon" tattooed on their bodies (one woman got the tattoo on her neck, the other on her wrist). These sexual relations "cemented the business ties and the association of the corrections officers with the enterprise," prosecutors wrote in the indictment. <snipped>
    Full story here but do you really need to read anymore than what I've posted above. LMAO and WTF.

If 0bama had a son he would look like Tavon. What? Trayvon? Sorry, my bad.
    Be Not Afraid.

I want to see a pic of the women he got pregnant. I bet they are fugly as hell. I bet I can guess their demographic as well LMAO!

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Why would it not just be common sense having men guard men and woman guard woman.
    Has our gene pool degraded to the point where this is all the intelligence people can muster?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Sadly, there's actually more to the story:

13 Female Correction Officers Accused of Handing Complete Control of Jail to Gang Leaders

In a twisted story that doesn't sound unlike a "Prison Break" plot line, 13 female prison guards have been accused of becoming deeply involved with a national gang in a drug-trafficking and money-laundering scheme that was operated from inside of a Baltimore prison.

Leaders of the Black Guerrilla Family, known as BGF... ran their gang with smuggled cellphones, selling prescription pills and drugs within the prison, and ordering hits, thanks to a group of prison guards who colluded with the gang members.

The accused women were romantically involved with the prisoners— four of them became pregnant by the same inmate, and two of them even got tattoos of his name. Tavon White, the BGF leader who appears to have led the gang from prison and is believed to have fathered five children with correction officers, told an acquaintance over a cellphone call, "This is my jail. You understand that? I'm dead serious. I make every final call in this jail."

The shocking extent of collusion between the guards and the inmates, with allegations of a gang leader purchasing a BMW and a Mercedes-Benz with his sales from within the jail for the women to take joyrides in, have obviously caused a flurry of finger-pointing. The sexual relationships between the guards and the inmates led some to blame it on the women not because they were corrupt, but because they were women.

"A lot of times, [the female correction officers] become smitten with their inmates," said Sen. Lisa A. Gladden (D-Baltimore), "[The inmates] talk really sweet and say really nice things, and the CO's fall for them. You need to have a bunch of rough, ugly men."

An affidavit for search warrants of the homes of the prison guards stated that gang leaders specifically targeted female CO's who they believed had "low self-esteem and insecurities."

Anyone think I'm overpaid now? This is what I'm up against, people. I've been working at the prison since 2004 and I've lost count how many female officers and civilians have been fired due to inappropriate relationships with inmates. One even went so far as to bring in razor blades in for an inmate to plant on others to get them sent to the hole.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Here in Pa, it is a crime to have relations with inmates while holding a position as a prison guard. I'm not sure what the punishment is if caught. Several friends of mine are guards; I will have to ask them.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Anyone think I'm overpaid now? This is what I'm up against, people. I've been working at the prison since 2004 and I've lost count how many female officers and civilians have been fired due to inappropriate relationships with inmates. One even went so far as to bring in razor blades in for an inmate to plant on others to get them sent to the hole.

I have never thought that. Then again, I see the damage that creates the inmates long before they come to your institution.

Also, having worked for a government department for over 25 years, I have seen professional men and women do some really stupid things.

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Exactly how does it get to the level of the Maryland situation? Isn't there any competent supervision at these places?

Would our prisons be run more efficiently with less corruption if they were privatized?
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Here in Pa, it is a crime to have relations with inmates while holding a position as a prison guard. I'm not sure what the punishment is if caught. Several friends of mine are guards; I will have to ask them.

I know someone who was a female prison guard and she had an affair with an inmate. This happened before I knew her, though. She met him at a prison in a different part of the state, and moved to the D when he was released so they could be together. I don't think her bosses ever knew about the relationship, because she was allowed to transfer from DOC to social services, and not fired.

In the department I work in, our work rules prohibit having relationships with clients. It is illegal (obviously) to have sex with a child/youth client, but I don't think it's illegal between adults. People have been fired for it, but not prosecuted. We can have sex with our client's lawyers, though, if we really want to. Or the court officials.

I've never met a client over whom I wanted to throw away my career.

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    Exactly how does it get to the level of the Maryland situation? Isn't there any competent supervision at these places?

Would our prisons be run more efficiently with less corruption if they were privatized?
    Privatized prisons are dangerous because they don't seek staffing to protect staff but to meet a bottom line. Truth is, you're always going to have knuckleheads. We have over 5,000 uniformed staff in my department so odds are you are going to have corrupt or corruptible people. If you don't think there is corruption in private industry then you're living on a different planet than I. That said, I'm so sick and tired of people thinking it would be OK to privatize prisons. Why do people think this way? Would you privatize a police force? Fire department? Military? We are no different then they are and yet people think that corrections officers are nothing but a bunch of fat, lazy slobs who sit around all day playing cards. Have you any idea the dangers we face? As a coworker said last night, we are hostages waiting to be taken. 124-1 ratio where I work on housing units and the department wants to scale down staff to save on overtime. Since I've been there several positions have been cut lessening the level of response. Question: How would you like to be the officer who's getting jumped by 5 inmates and response is slow in getting there because everyone is all spread out?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.