1. #1 Another Gun Grab Attempt In The Works 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday introduced a bill that would require background checks to be run on anyone buying explosive powder, a reaction to last week's Boston Marathon bombing.

Reid introduced the bill, S. 792, for Sen. Frank Lautenberg (D-N.J.), who has been out sick for much of the year. But in a press statement, Lautenberg said the Boston bombing shows that background checks are needed for explosive materials.

Under current law, people can buy up to 50 pounds of explosive "black powder" with no background check, and can buy unlimited amounts of other explosive powders, such as "black powder substitute" and "smokeless powder."

Lautenberg's bill would require a background check for the purchase of any of these powders.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...#ixzz2RWn5HUL4

This isn't about stopping more home made bombs. This is a round about gun grab. If they can't pass laws on the Guns them selves, they will go after the ammo. All of which need "Explosive Powders" to make the bullets. From here you can start banning particular powders as "Too Dangerous" in the public hands.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

you do know that they will throw every thing at the wall now to see what sticks! They have no shame or there are no boundaries they won't cross. I loath liberals.
    And Reid is one of the worst trolls there are.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    you do know that they will throw every thing at the wall now to see what sticks! They have no shame or there are no boundaries they won't cross. I loath liberals.
    And Reid is one of the worst trolls there are.
    EXACTLY. You've hit the nail on the head.

Sonnabend
    Im going to ask a question, and before you get the baseball bat, hear me out.

As I understand it (and this is from what I know) you have to get a background check (NICS isnt it?) when you purchase a firearm. Not the waiting periods, but doesnt every gun buy have a background check attached?

Is this an extension of that , or is this an attempt to revive the gun ban by a different way?

Or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post

As I understand it (and thios is fropm what I know) you have to get a background check (NICS isnt it?) when you purchase a firearm. Not the waiting perioods, but doesnt every gun buy have a background check attached?

Not from a private seller, at least here in FL. I sold a bunch of guns at a yard sale I had. You buy from a store or a gun show, yes you get a background check. If
    you have a CCP you can walk away with your purchase.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Sonnabend
    Not from a private seller, at least here in FL. I sold a bunch of guns at a yard sale I had. You buy from a store or a gun show, yes you get a background check. If
    you have a CCP you can walk away with your purchase.
    AH

Now I get it.

Thanks.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post

As I understand it (and this is from what I know) you have to get a background check (NICS isnt it?) when you purchase a firearm. Not the waiting periods, but doesnt every gun buy have a background check attached?

Is this an extension of that , or is this an attempt to revive the gun ban by a different way?

All of these people pushing these bills are on record supporting a ban on handguns and concealed carry and open carry. So anything they do is suspect, and they aren't really bashful about declaring such things as being "a start".

The work arounds are seemingly endless. They try to pass insurance liability requirements for gun owners. They try to pass liability laws for manufacturers. They try to put new rules on buying ammunition.

Have you ever had to by some Sudafed in the US? Because some dumbass could theoretically make meth from sudfed (at what would have to be an outrageous cost) , the entire country is limited in how much cold medicine you can purchase and required to show an ID to a cashier to do it. Once a year I used to go in an buy one of everything having to do with colds. I can't do that anymore.

Background checks on power will lead to sales limits on powder which will drive up the hassle and expense for reloaders, which will make it even harder for me to find 380 and 9mm.

How does one use explosive powder in guns? Is it used by people who make their own bullets? Is it something you use for buckshot in hunting rifles?

I am asking this because I don't know anything about firearms, not because I'm being sarcastic.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    How does one use explosive powder in guns? Is it used by people who make their own bullets? Is it something you use for buckshot in hunting rifles?

I am asking this because I don't know anything about firearms, not because I'm being sarcastic.
    If you home load or shoot muzzle loaders is one way. Another is they intend to regulate the sale, which would be in any means including ammo. Each bullet contains "Explosive Powder" and I'm sure they will regulate that too. Restricting its sale. In doing so, doing away with guns.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009