1. #1 The First Honest Cable Company 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Fabulous Poster
    Isn't it the truth.

Years ago, hating AOL, I said that one day a Japanese company would beam "online service" from a satellite killing AOL and I would cheer.
    The cable internet came along and I thought my prayer had been answered: AOL was for all intents and purposes dead.
    It was great at first. I was one of the first folks to sign up for Roadrunner and it was wide open. Really fast. Then they started slowing it down, and then they offered to speed it up for a price.

I'm so sick of this game. I want wide open internet for $20/month. I don't think that's unreasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Isn't it the truth.

Years ago, hating AOL, I said that one day a Japanese company would beam "online service" from a satellite killing AOL and I would cheer.
    The cable internet came along and I thought my prayer had been answered: AOL was for all intents and purposes dead.
    It was great at first. I was one of the first folks to sign up for Roadrunner and it was wide open. Really fast. Then they started slowing it down, and then they offered to speed it up for a price.

I'm so sick of this game. I want wide open internet for $20/month. I don't think that's unreasonable.
    Another thing that will slow down the speed of cable internet is how many clients houses are on the node. The more there are the slower the speeds will go.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    That was Greyt!!!

I have to admit of the 3 cable providers we have used over the years only
    Charter was really bad and stayed bad. It may be better now as I know they
    were working on it after AT&T started to move in. This was in the St. Louis area.

Comcast (before married) and Verizon have both had their problems but I was good with Comcast
    when I had it and am ok with Verizon now. When it 1st came out, Verizon was horrible in Sarasota/Manatee.
    Their modems were shit and everyone I knew who went to them from Comcast, went back to Comcast.

They really had a piss poor product but it is ok now. When we moved back to Sarasota the
    house we bought was wired and running on Verizon so we went with it.

The biggest impediment to moving around companies is of course the dreaded "Bundle"!!!
    It's usually the only way to get a semi-decent price and then they lock you in for
    at least 2 years!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    That was Greyt!!!

I have to admit of the 3 cable providers we have used over the years only
    Charter was really bad and stayed bad. It may be better now as I know they
    were working on it after AT&T started to move in. This was in the St. Louis area.

Comcast (before married) and Verizon have both had their problems but I was good with Comcast
    when I had it and am ok with Verizon now. When it 1st came out, Verizon was horrible in Sarasota/Manatee.
    Their modems were shit and everyone I knew who went to them from Comcast, went back to Comcast.

They really had a piss poor product but it is ok now. When we moved back to Sarasota the
    house we bought was wired and running on Verizon so we went with it.

The biggest impediment to moving around companies is of course the dreaded "Bundle"!!!
    It's usually the only way to get a semi-decent price and then they lock you in for
    at least 2 years!!!!
    All we have is Comcast - Of course we can get Directv (which I have and love) or Dish Network. But when it comes to regular cable? I will chose satellite over it any day.

The only useable internet we have is Comcast. Verizon DSL sucks and they have satellite internet, but that is worse than DSL.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....