Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Hybrid View

  1. #1 Hostess Returns Unions Are Gone! 
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    5,092
    [...] last month Apollo Global Management, LLC, and Metropoulos & Co., which owns Pabst Blue Ribbon and Vlasic pickles, bought the 83-year-old company for $410 million, renaming it Hostess Brands LLC. It is planning to re-open four bakeries over the next two and a half months, in Columbus, Ga.; Emporia, Kan.; Schiller Park, Ill.; and Indianapolis. It is also contemplating a fifth in Los Angeles.

    According to a report in the Wall Street Journal, C. Dean Metropoulos, the company's chief executive, said that between now and September, he plans to inject $60 million in capital investments into the plants, and hopes to hire at least 1,500 workers.


    But those workers won't be unionized.

    [...]

    A spokesman for the Teamsters declined to comment. But in a November 2012 statement the Teamsters noted that the "BCTGM's leaders are putting Teamster members in a horrible position asking them to support a strike that will put them out of a job when they haven't even asked all their members to go on strike." ◄ Just got to point out, but wasn't it those same unions who were calibrating their "Victory" over Hostess when they forced them out?



    http://news.search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=...54/story01.htm

    Sounds like a win win. Our snacks return, unions are gone, and that stupid Judge will have to eat crow for his rulings.

    Better part, without those unions, their snacks should be cheaper too.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post

    Sounds like a win win. Our snacks return, unions are gone, and that stupid Judge will have to eat crow for his rulings.

    Better part, without those unions, their snacks should be cheaper too.
    Yeah, 50 was a wallet buster.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Yeah, 50 was a wallet buster.
    The cost of an assault bus ride.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sarasota,FL
    Posts
    42,789
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The cost of an assault bus ride.
    Nova should never have told us...
    May the FORCE be with you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Destroyer of Worlds Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Posts
    5,092
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Yeah, 50 was a wallet buster.
    When similar competing products like Grupo Bimbo's - Sara Lee who is selling their product, Golden Creme Cakes for $3 a box compared to the old Hostess price of $5.

    Again, why did Hostess have trouble competing? Because the unions forced them to price far higher then their competition which drove customers to seek a cheaper product thus forcing the company out of business.

    So yea, 50 was a wallet buster, it busted a company and forced them out. If this new re-birth wants to make it, it must drop its price or not even bother.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member Zathras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Jose, California
    Posts
    6,241
    At least now, when the zombie apocalypse comes, Tallahassee can get his Twinkies....

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD5U4ivil_E
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,046
    How long till Obama sues them like he did with Boeing?

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Fabulous Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    When similar competing products like Grupo Bimbo's - Sara Lee who is selling their product, Golden Creme Cakes for $3 a box compared to the old Hostess price of $5.

    Again, why did Hostess have trouble competing? Because the unions forced them to price far higher then their competition which drove customers to seek a cheaper product thus forcing the company out of business.

    So yea, 50 was a wallet buster, it busted a company and forced them out. If this new re-birth wants to make it, it must drop its price or not even bother.
    Horseshit.

    Hostess was in the toilet due to poor management and market anticipation (ie demand for higher quality goods) back in 2004. Grupo Bimbo tried to buy it in 2007.

    None of this has anything to do with the union. It's another case of an old company which should have been rock solid, being leveraged, mortgaged, and robbed by its own executives.

    If they make junk food ineligible for food stamps, all of these crapmakers will go under.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Horseshit.

    Hostess was in the toilet due to poor management and market anticipation (ie demand for higher quality goods) back in 2004. Grupo Bimbo tried to buy it in 2007.

    None of this has anything to do with the union. It's another case of an old company which should have been rock solid, being leveraged, mortgaged, and robbed by its own executives.

    If they make junk food ineligible for food stamps, all of these crapmakers will go under.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,046
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Horseshit.

    Hostess was in the toilet due to poor management and market anticipation (ie demand for higher quality goods) back in 2004. Grupo Bimbo tried to buy it in 2007.

    None of this has anything to do with the union. It's another case of an old company which should have been rock solid, being leveraged, mortgaged, and robbed by its own executives.

    If they make junk food ineligible for food stamps, all of these crapmakers will go under.
    *cough* BS *cough*

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •