Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Dems Are Getting Mighty Nervous. 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Three big news articles came out on the same day, from liberal sources and all three paint the same picture, Dems in D.C. are getting nervous about the mid-terms.

From the Politico:
    Obamacare exemption talk lights up Capitol Hill

By JAKE SHERMAN | April 25, 2013
    The Obamacare war is on in Congress.

A top aide to House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi sent an email to Democratic offices Thursday afternoon, warning that “Republican trackers” are on Independence Avenue asking lawmakers about the effort to rework which health care insurance members of Congress must use.

One Democratic leadership aide said trackers were asking lawmakers if they thought “it’s OK for members of Congress to be exempt from Obamacare?”
    Funny they are racing to make sure their people know the talking points of "We are not seeking a carve-out for our selves". As well as being outraged that some one is asking where they stand on the issue. Also funny that none of the "Media" is doing this work of asking those questions.

The left knows full well that this will be used against them come next year. And these questions are making them nervous.

Next up.

From the New York Times:Democratic Senators Tell White House of Concerns About Health Care Law Rollout

By ROBERT PEAR | April 25, 2013

WASHINGTON — Democratic senators, at a caucus meeting with White House officials, expressed concerns on Thursday about how the Obama administration was carrying out the health care law they adopted three years ago.

Democrats in both houses of Congress said some members of their party were getting nervous that they could pay a political price if the rollout of the law was messy or if premiums went up significantly.
    They are already asking Obama to hold off implementing some of the more costly aspects of Obamacare set to take effect this year and next. Knowing they will be the ones paying for it in the end for supporting the law in the first place.

Democrats blink first on aviation cuts

By KATHRYN A. WOLFE and BURGESS EVERETT | April 25, 2013

The White House and Democrats in Congress argued for months against a piecemeal fix to the budget problems caused by the sequester.

But on Thursday, Democrats caved in and agreed to allow the Federal Aviation Administration to keep air traffic control towers running at close to full capacity.

All it took was a few thousand people standing in line at the airport.
    This one is kinda a two-fer.

First notice that last bolded. Kinda interesting they rush passing this right before they all go on recess. Could it be they too don't want to be caught up in the long lines at the airports that they created?

Second, the public wasn't buying their lies on its the GOP's fault for this all with their draconian cuts. And the dems were being blamed.

In all, looks like they are getting nervous. The mid-terms are coming fast, their polls I'm sure they are doing are not looking good, and they know if they fail this year, their done. Obama will be a lame duck for the rest of his term. And they have nothing good to show for his entire presidency.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Why should the Dems be nervous about the next election cycle. They'll just bribe the low info voters with more beads and shiny stuff and buy their votes like they did in 2012.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Why should the Dems be nervous about the next election cycle. They'll just bribe the low info voters with more beads and shiny stuff and buy their votes like they did in 2012.
    That may work in a presidential cycle, however in the off-year congressional elections....."all politics are local".......

Low info voters tend to be confined to urban areas, and that is not entirely where Senate and HoR seats are won........

The Dems got slaughtered in 2010, and that is certainly possible again if things continue to preceed in the direction they seem to be headed on Obamacare..........seems like every week a new horror story emerges about it, and even the MSM isn't hiding it much anymore......

We'll see.......

doc

Quote Originally Posted by TVDOC View Post
    That may work in a presidential cycle, however in the off-year congressional elections....."all politics are local".......

Low info voters tend to be confined to urban areas, and that is not entirely where Senate and HoR seats are won........

The Dems got slaughtered in 2010, and that is certainly possible again if things continue to preceed in the direction they seem to be headed on Obamacare..........seems like every week a new horror story emerges about it, and even the MSM isn't hiding it much anymore......

We'll see.......

doc
    I hope you're correct but I still have my doubts. After the results of the last election I've pretty much given up on the whole electoral process and not going to participate in it any more.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

I hope you're correct but I still have my doubts. After the results of the last election I've pretty much given up on the whole electoral process and not going to participate in it any more.
    Mrs. D and myself have similiar feelings, we don't even watch news any longer........

doc

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    And in by not participating, you are helping them. I know there is corruption gallor, but its not every where. Where I live its under control. But if voters here don't vote, we get Dems who do and they get power.

Voting still maters.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

This is all the same stuff that was said about the Presidential race last year. I still think the Repubs are going to have their asses handed to them in the 2014 mid-terms. Repubs will lose the house, and Pelosi will be speaker again. God help us all.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Mrs. D and myself have similiar feelings, we don't even watch news any longer........

doc
    Then you are an enabler. You can't hide your face in the sand and hope it goes away.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

If the Republicans want to really put the screws to the Democrats, they can begin with a Constitutional amendment: "Congress shall make no law applicable to the people, to which it exempts itself." Pass it in the house and force Harry Reid to explain why congress should get an exemption from the garbage that it imposes on us, then campaign on it.

We'll see.......

doc
    The MSM can't hide it without completely fabricating all news about it, which, given MSDNC's proclivities, may not be outside of their intent, but there's no way that they can get away with that in this day and age.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I wonder if its not a bit of a win/ win for dems. If they retain the senate better for them. If they lose the senate, the GOP who has 'targeted' conservatives and as often as not sides with dems, will hold the senate.

Dont believe it? Look at the House.

The GOP leadership is rife with dem wannabees atm. They cannot and will not be reasoned with (unless you approach them with a leftward slant). I trust them about as far as I can vomit.

But I agree. We have to put our best foot forward. We have to get ourselves and our friends out to vote. And we need to drain the swamp. We need to show the rinos the door and vote in conservatives. Thats if we want to have anything left resembling the constitutional republic we had a few short years ago.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.