Thread: DUmmie Wants to Feed Her Kids Cat Food

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Who stays at a job that you're not able to earn a raise at for four years?
    People who don't believe they can trick an interview panel twice? :D

Pet food?? Ain't these DUmmies heard of ramin? Hell DUmmie get off your high horse and shop Wally World...Ass...
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    People who don't believe they can trick an interview panel twice? :D
    You know, it's gotta suck when when you suck at your job.

Why would someone just stay at a job that they sucked at year after year after year?

I know, ask Barney Frank and EarlG, clearly they would have an answer for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Katiebug View Post
    Pet food ain't cheap. Our dog is on a super-premium kibble, our cat is on a veterinary diet kibble and super-premium, holistic canned food. DH and I frequently joke that the pets eat better food than we do!

We found that our food budget went up substantially when we started doing Dream Dinners. I love the convenience, but it's foolish to spend so much money on a food prep place. I got the cookbook and can do it at home for less money.
    This Just IN
    DW just called and my "slightly" Diabetic cat needs a special diet. The food must be bought from the vet at $26.00 a bag. I'm thinking the bag is 40 pounds BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO, 5.5 lbs. Yep, almost $5.00 a lb.:eek:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    This Just IN
    DW just called and my "slightly" Diabetic cat needs a special diet. The food must be bought from the vet at $26.00 a bag. I'm thinking the bag is 40 pounds BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO, 5.5 lbs. Yep, almost $5.00 a lb.:eek:
    You have a diabetic cat? Here's a tip: diabetes is a carbohydrate digestion disease. Your cat doesn't need to eat any carbohydrates at all - ever! Cats are pure carnivores. Feed kitty chicken wings, tripe, livers, tuna, raw eggs, and whatever scrap fat he or she will eat. No commercial treats, no non-meat human food.

I bet that in 4 weeks kitty isn't diabetic and your pet food bill drops like a rock.

I always laugh at the that cat food commercial showing the veggies, fruit, and grains for kitty. You can kill a cat by feeding it that stuff. They don't have the ability to process those types of foods. I'm sure the actual amount in the prepared food is minor but it sends the wrong message.

Your cat wants steak.

Your cat wants steak.
    This is a HUGE understatement if you knew him. He was 15 pounds of Puddy 1 month ago and now he is under 11. We started giving him commercial cat treats and I'm sure they're made of Crack. Since then is when he started dropping weight. I told DW that he needs meat but she didn't want the ensuing refridgerator battle. For now it looks like the Vet has won but I believe like you that he needs meat.

Afterall, one is either a Viking or a Bee Keeper. Vikings don't graze.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    This is a HUGE understatement if you knew him. He was 15 pounds of Puddy 1 month ago and now he is under 11. We started giving him commercial cat treats and I'm sure they're made of Crack. Since then is when he started dropping weight. I told DW that he needs meat but she didn't want the ensuing refridgerator battle. For now it looks like the Vet has won but I believe like you that he needs meat.

Afterall, one is either a Viking or a Bee Keeper. Vikings don't graze.
    I actually am a Viking - genetically. Really, my cousin is a vet and he always tells people to feed cats meat and cut out the treats. She'll come around when she checks the prices. You can just dump a bunch of guts and meat or fish into the food processor and blend it along with an egg and the shell. It looks pretty much like expensive canned cat food when it comes out. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I actually am a Viking - genetically. Really, my cousin is a vet and he always tells people to feed cats meat and cut out the treats. She'll come around when she checks the prices. You can just dump a bunch of guts and meat or fish into the food processor and blend it along with an egg and the shell. It looks pretty much like expensive canned cat food when it comes out. :D
    ***Blech****:o Suddenly I feel much more like a Bee Keeper.
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand