Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Polygamy is the traditional form of marriage in the Abrahamic religions. Single spouse marriage is Roman/European and predates the Christian era. One man- one woman is a pagan artifact.
    You're half-right. Polygamy is the traditional form of marriage in tribal cultures. As societies evolved from tribal/clan ties to nation-states, tribal norms gave way to institutional laws. Vendettas were replaced by due process, tribal leadership by consensual government and pagan worship of local, tribal deities was supplanted by institutional religions, initially pagan (which co-opted local gods in favor of Roman and Greek gods) but eventually Christian. Regardless, polygamy's past does not make it suitable for American society, which values women as individual, rather than chattel. Now, if you want to subvert the culture of America, which entails the breaking of tribal allegiances and ties in favor of individuality and equality before objective law, that's your business, but I'd oppose it.

One of the goals of the Balkanizing left is to create divisions in America, along ethnic lines, but also religious, social and political. The Marxist divides us by class, the ethnic grievance monger by race, the urban elitist by more subtle cues, such as neighborhood, fashion or education, but ultimately, the goal is to put individuals into collectives that then scream for benefits which can only be disbursed by a centralized state. This is the new tribalism that threatens us, and polygamy, which presumes that some people can collect spouses, because their inherent worth is less, is part of that tribal mindset. It's un-American.

I don't know, and you don't appear to know either.
    I've already explained why I believe that it happened. I think that the chain of command decided to go PC, or that sympathizers overlooked the obvious flaws and failed to take prudent action. However, that's only one question, the other is still out there. What action would you have taken when you found out that you had a gay, mentally unstable, depressed, cross-dressing adolescent with a TS/SCI clearance handling critically sensitive information under your command?

The right to free exercise of religion is indeed protected. I am not aware of a Constitutional provision for paying a chaplain to evangelize the nonreligious (especially of inferior rank) or to denigrate soldiers along religious lines.
    But chaplains do not proselytize or evangelize. In all of my time in the Army, I have as yet to have a chaplain attempt to convert me, and I've had some fascinating conversations on the subject with Priests, Ministers, Rabbis (but no imams) of every denomination. This is simply Weinstein's bigoted fantasies.

I dislike illegal aliens.

I dislike illegal immigrants.

I dislike immigrants who come to America to hate it, like the Boston Bombers and Arlington Imam.

I dislike immigrants and first and second generation Americans this country gave refuge to who then promote anti-Americanism .... including but not limited to Howard Zinn, Amy Goodman, Ezra Klein, Naomi Klein, Ari Lewis, Noel Ignatiev, etc...
    And, you dislike immigrants or children of immigrants who consider themselves the equal of old-money families such as yours. Let's not forget them. You've made that clear a few times, remember?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    However, that's only one question, the other is still out there. What action would you have taken when you found out that you had a gay, mentally unstable, depressed, cross-dressing adolescent with a TS/SCI clearance handling critically sensitive information under your command?
    The same thing I would do if I had a heterosexual, mentally unstable, depressed, adolescent, with a blah blah blah ...... What has gay got to do with it? Julian Assange is not gay.

Fabulous Poster
    But chaplains do not proselytize or evangelize. In all of my time in the Army, I have as yet to have a chaplain attempt to convert me, and I've had some fascinating conversations on the subject with Priests, Ministers, Rabbis (but no imams) of every denomination. This is simply Weinstein's bigoted fantasies.
    Then clearly there isn't a problem. Or perhaps it's been fixed since 2005. http://www.sptimes.com/2005/05/29/Co..._Academy.shtml

Fabulous Poster

And, you dislike immigrants or children of immigrants who consider themselves the equal of old-money families such as yours. Let's not forget them. You've made that clear a few times, remember?
    LOL. You just don't get it.

The same thing I would do if I had a heterosexual, mentally unstable, depressed, adolescent, with a blah blah blah ...... What has gay got to do with it? Julian Assange is not gay.
    First, at the time, being gay was automatic grounds for removal from the service. It was certainly grounds for revocation of clearance, because it was banned, and those gays who were closeted were therefore susceptible to blackmail. Second, even if homosexual conduct wasn't an issue, cross-dressing and contemplation of gender reassignment is an indicator of serious mental health issues, which Julian Assange did not demonstrate. So, once again, what would you, as his commander, have done? And then, explain to me what would have prevented you from doing your duty as you saw it?

Then clearly there isn't a problem. Or perhaps it's been fixed since 2005. http://www.sptimes.com/2005/05/29/Co..._Academy.shtml
    Or, perhaps it never existed outside of Mikey Weinstein's feverish delusions, especially since his suit was thrown out.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Because religion isn't real.
    No one is born gay.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    No one is born gay.
    They just get sucked into it? :D

Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
    Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus