Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Tell me, why is it that religious people must practice their religion behind closed doors but gay people get to flaunt their stuff in broad daylight and exclaim their sexual preference in every public forum they can think of?
    Because religion isn't real.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I do not loathe religion. Like chamber music, one could practice all day long without me ever knowing it existed. Take thee to a quiet room and practice it.
    In other words, take religion out of the public square.

What you really want is the disappearance of anything that makes you feel bad about yourself. It's a child's vision of the world. Is developing a backbone and thick skin that hard? All of us have to do it sometime.

Religion makes you think long and hard about the decisions you make and the effects those decisions have on others. This is exactly what the GLBT community (especially the G community) doesn't wish to be bothered with. The G's who speak publicly are all about what they WANT but don't talk about their responsibility towards others. Conversely, the truly religious think about what is best for the greater good and couch their arguments in those terms. You may not agree with the vision, but you can't disagree with the sense of responsibility.

Power CUer
    It's the "gay family" that isn't real. Not in any biological sense.

I think it's time to brush up on your chamber music.

Prove it.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

There were 619 gay people discharged from the service for being gay in 2009. It is not reasonable to deduce that Manning not being discharged was due to his superiors fearing to start or complete that process.
    That doesn't answer the questions. What action would you have taken as his commander, given what we know about him, and why do you think that he wasn't removed?

No, religion is quite real. What may not be real are the beliefs underlying the religion. Regardless, the Constitution specifically forbids the kind of banishment that you propose. The Establishment Clause is followed by the Free Exercise Clause, so any attempt at relegating religion to the shadows is going to run up against the Constitution. One can ban specific religious practices if they run afoul of legitimate secular purposes (such as polyagamy, drug use or terrorism), but the right to openly worship is protected.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    In other words, take religion out of the public square.

What you really want is the disappearance of anything that makes you feel bad about yourself. It's a child's vision of the world. Is developing a backbone and thick skin that hard? All of us have to do it sometime.

Religion makes you think long and hard about the decisions you make and the effects those decisions have on others. This is exactly what the GLBT community (especially the G community) doesn't wish to be bothered with. The G's who speak publicly are all about what they WANT but don't talk about their responsibility towards others. Conversely, the truly religious think about what is best for the greater good and couch their arguments in those terms. You may not agree with the vision, but you can't disagree with the sense of responsibility.
    He can disagree, because he doesn't believe in responsibility, at least in the sexual sphere. To the modern Progressive, sex is not supposed to have consequences. Pregnancy is to be avoided or aborted if it is inconvenient. Sexually Transmitted Disease is to be cured, no matter what the cost, even if no one has ever cured a virus (The failure to cure AIDS infuriates LBGTs, especially Gs, because for a brief window, the worst scourges, syphillis and gonorrhea, were curable, and AIDS ended the party). Marriage is disposable, because why should outmoded notions of fidelity interfere with having the partners that you want, when you want them? In fact, marriage should be redefined to accommodate the new morality, regardless of the consequences, meaning that gay marriage should be recognized, followed by polygamy and incest, because what does it matter? Life is just a party, and the next generation picks up the tab, assuming that there are enough of them, and if not, we open the borders. This last offends Nova, since he dislikes immigrants who came to America after his family did, but without those immigrants, who is going to pay the taxes that will keep him in benefits?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    That doesn't answer the questions. What action would you have taken as his commander, given what we know about him, and why do you think that he wasn't removed?
    I don't know, and you don't appear to know either.

Fabulous Poster
    No, religion is quite real. What may not be real are the beliefs underlying the religion. Regardless, the Constitution specifically forbids the kind of banishment that you propose. The Establishment Clause is followed by the Free Exercise Clause, so any attempt at relegating religion to the shadows is going to run up against the Constitution. One can ban specific religious practices if they run afoul of legitimate secular purposes (such as polyagamy, drug use or terrorism), but the right to openly worship is protected.
    The right to free exercise of religion is indeed protected. I am not aware of a Constitutional provision for paying a chaplain to evangelize the nonreligious (especially of inferior rank) or to denigrate soldiers along religious lines.

Fabulous Poster

He can disagree, because he doesn't believe in responsibility, at least in the sexual sphere. To the modern Progressive, sex is not supposed to have consequences. Pregnancy is to be avoided or aborted if it is inconvenient. Sexually Transmitted Disease is to be cured, no matter what the cost, even if no one has ever cured a virus (The failure to cure AIDS infuriates LBGTs, especially Gs, because for a brief window, the worst scourges, syphillis and gonorrhea, were curable, and AIDS ended the party). Marriage is disposable, because why should outmoded notions of fidelity interfere with having the partners that you want, when you want them? In fact, marriage should be redefined to accommodate the new morality, regardless of the consequences, meaning that gay marriage should be recognized, followed by polygamy and incest, because what does it matter? Life is just a party, and the next generation picks up the tab, assuming that there are enough of them, and if not, we open the borders. This last offends Nova, since he dislikes immigrants who came to America after his family did, but without those immigrants, who is going to pay the taxes that will keep him in benefits?
    Polygamy is the traditional form of marriage in the Abrahamic religions. Single spouse marriage is Roman/European and predates the Christian era. One man- one woman is a pagan artifact.

Fabulous Poster
    This last offends Nova, since he dislikes immigrants who came to America after his family did, but without those immigrants, who is going to pay the taxes that will keep him in benefits?
    I dislike illegal aliens.

I dislike illegal immigrants.

I dislike immigrants who come to America to hate it, like the Boston Bombers and Arlington Imam.

I dislike immigrants and first and second generation Americans this country gave refuge to who then promote anti-Americanism .... including but not limited to Howard Zinn, Amy Goodman, Ezra Klein, Naomi Klein, Ari Lewis, Noel Ignatiev, etc...

Polygamy is the traditional form of marriage in the Abrahamic religions. Single spouse marriage is Roman/European and predates the Christian era. One man- one woman is a pagan artifact.
    Link? Surely you have something to back that up right?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.