Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I'm seeing comments here to the effect that no one's heard of this guy, he's just trying to keep his career going, etc. I'm not a sports fan, and I know most of you are, so - let me ask: if a real "sports hero" of yours came out, someone you loved to watch play, someone who was tops at his game, would it affect your perception of him? Would you stop watching him play? Just curious as to how much difference it would make.
    I wouldn't support him, I don't support perverts.
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I'm seeing comments here to the effect that no one's heard of this guy, he's just trying to keep his career going, etc. I'm not a sports fan, and I know most of you are, so - let me ask: if a real "sports hero" of yours came out, someone you loved to watch play, someone who was tops at his game, would it affect your perception of him? Would you stop watching him play? Just curious as to how much difference it would make.
    Which is the reason why this guy did this. Once upon a time he was a serviceable center early in his career but for the most part he's a 3 points per game bench warmer who only played in 6 games for one of the worst teams in the NBA. What's going to happen is that no one is going to pick this guy up and automatically the cries of homophobia are going to rise. This is why this guy is doing this because otherwise, no one would want him but now someone is going to be forced to sign him taking a spot away from someone who is probably better.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Obama called him today.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Obama called him today.
    While that sniper who was killed not to long ago didn't even get a mention from that bastard

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    While that sniper who was killed not to long ago didn't even get a mention from that bastard
    That is because being opening gay is more in line with Obama's point of view.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Well, clearly he ought to be better at penetration and taking it to the hole...

When a NFL WR comes out, He may possess exeptional skill at going deep and long for the big score.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Let me preface this by saying that I do beleive homosexuality is wrong. Let me follow that up by saying, I don't care what two consenting adults do behind closed doors.

I liken this to Chipper Jones, 3rd baseman for the Braves. He was screwing around on his wife with a local Hooters girl in Atlanta. I also believe adultery is just as wrong as homosexuality. Nonetheless, I still rooted for Chipper year after year because he was a part of the Atlanta Braves.

Long story short, "Just shut up and do your damn job." You just want to be treated like everyone else, then don't issue press releases divulging your private business.

Lot's of people didn't approve of interracial couples, but Charles Barkley didn't issue a statement saying he liked white women. He just married one. The public will figure it out.

Fair enough! Thanks for the response.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    I wouldn't support him, I don't support perverts.
    And an opposing viewpoint. Thanks for the response.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Power CUer
    Okay, so three responses - one who said he would still support a sports hero even if he didn't approve of his private life, one who said he would not, and one who referenced my question but did not answer it.