Thread: Dem resolution warns climate change could push women to ‘transactional sex’

1. #1 Dem resolution warns climate change could push women to ‘transactional sex’ 
    Several House Democrats are calling on Congress to recognize that climate change is hurting women more than men, and could even drive poor women to "transactional sex" for survival.

The resolution, from Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) and a dozen other Democrats, says the results of climate change include drought and reduced agricultural output. It says these changes can be particularly harmful for women.

"[F]ood insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and poor reproductive health," it says.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...#ixzz2RslAPMFS

Is there nothing global warming can't do?

The more I listen to the crap that comes from the Dems, the more I think they were abused with the stupid stick as a child. God they are stupid.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    Several House Democrats are calling on Congress to recognize that climate change is hurting women more than men, and could even drive poor women to "transactional sex" for survival.

The resolution, from Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.) and a dozen other Democrats, says the results of climate change include drought and reduced agricultural output. It says these changes can be particularly harmful for women.

"[F]ood insecure women with limited socioeconomic resources may be vulnerable to situations such as sex work, transactional sex, and early marriage that put them at risk for HIV, STIs, unplanned pregnancy, and poor reproductive health," it says.

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/floor-actio...#ixzz2RslAPMFS

Is there nothing global warming can't do?
    Apparently not:
    A complete list of things caused by global warming
    http://www.numberwatch.co.uk/warmlist.htm. (Go to the site for the linked list, which is too long for printing here, even as plain text)

Note: All links were live at time of posting. Inevitably some will disappear, particularly from Yahoo News.

Thanks to correspondents for additional entries; especially, as always, Our Man in Puerto Rico. Also, thanks to "Scraperguy" for the script to form the following:

The dead link collection

Acne, Africa hit hardest, African summer frost, agricultural land increase, Alaska reshaped, anxiety, Arctic tundra to burn, atmospheric defiance, bananas destroyed, beer shortage, bird distributions change, blizzards, boredom, brain eating amoebae, business opportunities, business risks, British gardens change, budget increases, cardiac arrest, cataracts, challenges and opportunities, cloud stripping, cremation to end, damages equivalent to $200 billion, dermatitis, desert life threatened, diarrhoea, disappearance of coastal cities, Dolomites collapse, drought in distant regions, drowning people, early marriages, early spring, Earth spinning out of control, Earth wobbling, evolution accelerating, extinctions (bats, pigmy possums, koalas, turtles, orang-utan, elephants, tigers, gorillas, whales, frogs,) fainting, fish catches rise, flames stoked, footpath erosion, glacial growth, global dimming, god melts, Gore omnipresence, Great Lakes drop, harmful algae, hazardous waste sites breached, high court debates, HIV epidemic, human health improvement, ice shelf collapse, jet stream drifts north, lake and stream productivity decline, lightning related insurance claims, little response in the atmosphere, lost $350 billion, Lyme disease, marine dead zone, Maple production advanced, mental illness (Alberta), migration difficult (birds), mountains melting, mudslides, oceans noisier, oyster diseases, ozone loss, Pacific dead zone, plankton destabilised, plankton loss, plant viruses, polar bears starve, psychosocial disturbances, popcorn rise, rainfall reduction, riches, rivers dry up, rockfalls, ruins ruined, skin cancer, smelt down, snowfall reduction, stick insects, stormwater drains stressed, teenage drinking, terrorism, tree beetle attacks, trees could return to Antarctic, tree growth increased, tsunamis, tundra plant life boost, uprooted - 6 million, Vampire moths, violin decline, walrus displaced, war, war between US and Canada, water scarcity (20% of increase), water stress, water supply unreliability, weeds, white Christmas dream ends, wine - harm to Australian industry, World bankruptcy, World-famous places threatened, World in crisis, World in flames,

Total (dead and alive) 883

Last updated 05/03/12

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    The more I listen to the crap that comes from the Dems, the more I think they were abused with the stupid stick as a child. God they are stupid.
    Not so much stupid (although many are, and many more think that we are) as shameless. Global Warming is simply a way to blame weather on their political enemies and capitalism. It's just another phony crisis, but it has proven so lucrative and easily spread that they are now committed to it, regardless of the facts. Thus, expect far more in the way of outlandish claims.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Not so much stupid (although many are, and many more think that we are) as shameless. Global Warming is simply a way to blame weather on their political enemies and capitalism. It's just another phony crisis, but it has proven so lucrative and easily spread that they are now committed to it, regardless of the facts. Thus, expect far more in the way of outlandish claims.

Did they get the memo that this was one of the coldest starts to spring on record? Did they also get the notice that climatologists are saying that we are going to be having a couple of years of cold weather? Yeah, Al Gore should be shaking in his boots right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Did they get the memo that this was one of the coldest starts to spring on record? Did they also get the notice that climatologists are saying that we are going to be having a couple of years of cold weather? Yeah, Al Gore should be shaking in his boots right now.
    Facts don't matter. What matters is that this is one of the most lucrative scams that they have ever come up with, and they are not going to let the facts get in the way.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Facts don't matter. What matters is that this is one of the most lucrative scams that they have ever come up with, and they are not going to let the facts get in the way.
    Liberals never let facts get in the way of their agenda.