1. #1 New Injury for me 
    I've pulled things, cracked bones, strained backs etc but last Thursday I had a new one and I'm not able to figure out just what happened.

I was picking up a large landscaping pot to empty it into the wheelbarrow when something in my right bicep popped. It did not make a noise, just a short sharp pain. I was able to complete the transfer of the pot into the wheelbarrow but decided I would call it a day and see how the arm behaved. It continued to ache long enough for me to call my PCP and find out he was out of town. I got his backups name and number, put an icepack on the arm and sit down with a cool drink. I ended up going back out with the wife, putting all the tools and stuff away and relaxed with some Netflix.
    On Friday it was somewhat sore when I got up, got to feeling well enough for me to unpack her new VegTrug and get it mostly assembled. By near bedtime it was showing some yellow 'bruising' across the middle of the bicep and was hurting again so a Tylenol, an ice pack and bed. By today I was experimenting on what I could do and what would cause pain. Carrying a gallon jug of milk with the arm straight down was not at all comfortable but I could wrap my arm around it and not cause any pain.

Now my question: muscle tear? tendon sprain? ligament? Your best guess?
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    I've pulled things, cracked bones, strained backs etc but last Thursday I had a new one and I'm not able to figure out just what happened.

I was picking up a large landscaping pot to empty it into the wheelbarrow when something in my right bicep popped. It did not make a noise, just a short sharp pain. I was able to complete the transfer of the pot into the wheelbarrow but decided I would call it a day and see how the arm behaved. It continued to ache long enough for me to call my PCP and find out he was out of town. I got his backups name and number, put an icepack on the arm and sit down with a cool drink. I ended up going back out with the wife, putting all the tools and stuff away and relaxed with some Netflix.
    On Friday it was somewhat sore when I got up, got to feeling well enough for me to unpack her new VegTrug and get it mostly assembled. By near bedtime it was showing some yellow 'bruising' across the middle of the bicep and was hurting again so a Tylenol, an ice pack and bed. By today I was experimenting on what I could do and what would cause pain. Carrying a gallon jug of milk with the arm straight down was not at all comfortable but I could wrap my arm around it and not cause any pain.

Now my question: muscle tear? tendon sprain? ligament? Your best guess?
    Tendon, now if you are lucky like me, gout will set into the joint closest to the injury.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

If it's in the middle of the muscle, it could be a partial muscle tear. Tendon tears would be closer to the insertion point of the muscle and you'd have much less range of motion.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

That would fit better. The muscle seems sore right dead center. My only limit in motion is to do a full extension slowly at the end. Very little problem as long as the arm is bent even a little.
    I am seeing changes in the innate soreness according to how much and in what matter the muscle is used. Now my only problem is how long to get over it. I got work to do.
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    That would fit better. The muscle seems sore right dead center. My only limit in motion is to do a full extension slowly at the end. Very little problem as long as the arm is bent even a little.
    I am seeing changes in the innate soreness according to how much and in what matter the muscle is used. Now my only problem is how long to get over it. I got work to do.
    It shouldn't take that long, but you may find that when it heals, you have an odd bulge along the site of the tear. What happens is the same thing that happens whenever you work out, which is that you have torn muscle fibers that multiply and produce new fibers, but with a tear, you get the new fibers forming in one place, along the path of the tear. However, it doesn't sound like you have a major tear, so it should heal without any surface indicator.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Seems to be better. Ran the wheelbarrow up and down the hill today, mixed and shoveled about a half load of soil into the wife's veg garden, and had to flip the barrow and air the tire before anything else.

Only problem today was the ant bed in the pot that caused the whole bicep problem was still in the pot in the barrow to start the process. Oh, well, another series of little white blisters on various fingers and wrists.