Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Penbitchship.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Then hopefully, this too shall pass. In the meantime, it warrants relentless ridicule, as a warning to other PC tools in order to prevent future generations of personagers (can't have managers, now can we?) from imposing their attempts to castrate the language.
    One of my pet peeves (#1148) is the misuse of "they" and "their" in an attempt to circumvent the default pronoun "he" and "his". Most people are actually surprised that "Everyone deserves their day in court." is incorrect. It's not just the public schools doing this either.

#900 People who pronounce the T in often.

# 875 People who think they are enunciating by saying "stoo-dint", "did-dint", "import' tant", and otherwise haven't mastered the nt sound.

# 347 beginning a sentence with "meantime" rather than "meanwhile" or "In the meantime".

#1 Inappropriate rising intonation.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    One of my pet peeves (#1148) is the misuse of "they" and "their" in an attempt to circumvent the default pronoun "he" and "his". Most people are actually surprised that "Everyone deserves their day in court." is incorrect. It's not just the public schools doing this either.

#900 People who pronounce the T in often.

# 875 People who think they are enunciating by saying "stoo-dint", "did-dint", "import' tant", and otherwise haven't mastered the nt sound.

# 347 beginning a sentence with "meantime" rather than "meanwhile" or "In the meantime".

#1 Inappropriate rising intonation.
    I have a few of my own, but I don't have them listed and numbered, and there is a part of me that fears that you really do.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Actually, Nova, the use of "they" and "their" as gender-neutral singular pronouns was common in the 19th century in this country. It wasn't until the onslaught of mandatory public schooling that prescriptive grammar education undid the natural processes of language evolution.

We really need some gender-neutral pronouns in the singular. "They" and "their" work better than anything else and they save the tedious need to use "his or her" all the time. I'm all for them.