1. #1 Latest Windows 7 Auto-Update 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I installed an Auto-update last night and haven't been on CU much tonight till now. Only in CU, my Enter key has stopped working. It's fine in Windows Mail but on CU, there is no response. This is with IE. FireFox is ok. Another weird behavior is a misspelled word is automatically underlined which never happened before. And ever since the update last night, the screen colors in certain places are slightly different. Has anyone else seen this??? Very weird...
    May the FORCE be with you!

My problem was a recent MS Update which installed IE 10. For some stupid reason
    only known to MS, my "Enter" key became disabled and only in vBulletin.

I went back to IE 9 and things are back to normal as far as I can tell.

I like to avoid the "latest MS updates". I always do the updates manually. I figure I'll let everybody else be MS's guinea pigs. Actually I'm careful with other updates too. Like my Firefox browser. Let somebody else try the "latest and greatest" first... then get back to me. :)
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    I like to avoid the "latest MS updates". I always do the updates manually. I figure I'll let everybody else be MS's guinea pigs. Actually I'm careful with other updates too. Like my Firefox browser. Let somebody else try the "latest and greatest" first... then get back to me. :)
    I've rarely had trouble with them and NEVER a super specific problem like this! It may have affected
    other programs in addition to vBulletin and I just hadn't run into them yet. Live and learn.

Do not use Internet Explorer. Use Google Chrome. IE is a malware inviting security hole. I got IE 10 also, and do not like it. It has messed up css reading, and does not render favicons properly. Chrome is the best browser out there right. It is light, secure, and fast.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _