Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    What's his ultimate goal do you think?
    The abolition of Christianity, at least in the military. He's a bigot. It's really that simple.

Sic hacer pace, para bellum.
    Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    The abolition of Christianity, at least in the military. He's a bigot. It's really that simple.

Sent from my android.
    Judaism and its step children has had a nice long run. It's time for it to end. Of course, traditionally that means it would be replaced by another mythology. Hopefully we have outgrown that need.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Judaism and its step children has had a nice long run. It's time for it to end. Of course, traditionally that means it would be replaced by another mythology. Hopefully we have outgrown that need.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

And speaking of bigotry. ..

Sent from my android.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

5. #15 The MRFF are loons as well as haters 
    You ask a man to die for his country but seek to make him ashamed of his beliefs that help sustain a positive mental attitude in the performance of his duties? If suppression of a particular belief is allowed how long before all suffer the same fate?
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    And speaking of bigotry. ..

Sent from my android.
    No more than my disdain for hippies in Taos, Wiccans, or any other group devoted to a stylized belief system founded in primitive society's fear or worship of natural features and events. Any way you look at it, it's all about thunder and lightning. It's still primitive.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim54 View Post
    You ask a man to die for his country but seek to make him ashamed of his beliefs that help sustain a positive mental attitude in the performance of his duties? If suppression of a particular belief is allowed how long before all suffer the same fate?
    Conversely, if you allow the promotion of Christianity then you must also allow the promotion of Islam. Do not discount the appeal of Islam to young sexually frustrated and economically powerless men who have probably been raised by domineering single mothers. I give you Detroit.

No more than my disdain for hippies in Taos, Wiccans, or any other group devoted to a stylized belief system founded in primitive society's fear or worship of natural features and events. Any way you look at it, it's all about thunder and lightning. It's still primitive.
    But not as primitive as sexual drives, which religions have served to channel into stable, productive relationships. Religion puts brakes on unrestrained desires and makes human civilization possible. Without it, secular societies collapse in the absence of purpose beyond the immediate moment. The future is spent, borrowed in the name of generous but unsustainable state largess, while those who might pay down the debt are aborted in the name of convenience. Look at Europe, where secular states are gradually dying off, completely enervated and wallowing in the pleasures of the moment. The increasing debt and decreasing birthrates are the symptoms of an absence of faith, not in God, necessarily, but in anything. Would a people who believed in a future act as they do? Would they spend money that they don't have, invite hostile immigrants to populate their cities and abort any children who might stem the tide of jihadists? Would the men who built the Cathedrals have acquiesced to their conversions to mosques? Would the current French government care? Would Charles Martel have permitted parts of his kingdom to be occupied and turned into Sharia compliant zones of Islamic jihad? Christianity and Judaism may not be "true" in the sense that you mean, but the values that they foster make it possible for people to live beyond their line of sight, to seek permanence and structure that will endure beyond their lives. You can argue for a universe without God, but a society without faith in itself, its values or its basic goodness is as empty as the space between the stars.

Conversely, if you allow the promotion of Christianity then you must also allow the promotion of Islam. Do not discount the appeal of Islam to young sexually frustrated and economically powerless men who have probably been raised by domineering single mothers. I give you Detroit.
    The services do not promote any religion. The function of chaplains is to minister religiously only to those who seek it. For the rest of us, they act as counselors and managers of morale programs. The fantasy of chaplains imposing religion on the troops is utterly false, a figment of the feverish bigotry of Mikey Weinstein and his intolerant fellow travelers.
    --Odysseus

9. #19 Muslims already worship freely in the U.S. military... 
    But the MRFF is about the suppression and elimination of Christianity from the military, not promoting equality for those who do or do not practice any particular faith.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Have they came out and said this was for all faiths yet? Or are they just doing this for the Christian faith? It wouldn't surprise me if they allow Islam faith, after all, it is Obama's mission to turn us all into the next country of Muhammad (Piss be upon him) worshipers.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _