Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 South Carolina Making Obamacare a Crime ... 
    [snip]
    South Carolina Making Obamacare a Crime

The South Carolina state House passed a bill this week that declares President Obama’s Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act to be “null and void,” and criminalizes its implementation.

The state’s Freedom of Health Care Protection Act intends to “prohibit certain individuals from enforcing or attempting to enforce such unconstitutional laws; and to establish criminal penalties and civil liability for violating this article.”

The measure permits the state Attorney General, with reasonable cause, “to restrain by temporary restraining order, temporary injunction, or permanent injunction” any person who is believed to be causing harm to any person or business with the implementation of Obamacare.

Earlier this year in her state of the state address, Gov. Nikki Haley said that South Carolina does not want and cannot afford the president’s plan, “not now, not ever.”

“To that end, we will not pursue the type of government-run health exchanges being forced on us by Washington,” she said. “Despite the rose-colored rhetoric coming out of D.C., these exchanges are nothing more than a way to make the state do the federal government’s bidding in spending massive amounts of taxpayer dollars on insurance subsidies that we can’t afford.”
    The nullification bill moved on to the state Senate Thursday and referred to the Committee on Finance.

[/snip]
    Source: http://janmorganmedia.com/2013/05/so...acare-a-crime/

I wonder how many more states will follow, and how fast this is going to end up on the desk of the SCOTUS?

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _

Won't work, the only way is to force progressives from power with a vote.
    As long as conservatives sit at home or vote for Jesus we will have Obamacare.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Senior Member Unreconstructed Reb's Avatar
    Nullification. Maybe soon we can start having secession conventions around the state and dissolve the political bands which have connected us to this unconstitutional federal government and assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle us. (italics slightly modified from Thomas Jefferson's beautiful Declaration of Independence)

Yeeeeeee Haw!
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    As long as conservatives sit at home or vote for Jesus we will have Obamacare.
    I don't think you're getting it. The 47% will be well over 50% by the time 0vomit's second term is complete and amnesty has allowed the democrats to sign up millions more FSA voters. Our only last hope for liberty is for the states that want liberty to declare the compact with the federal government as null and void due to severe breech of the Constitution.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that you won't need it until they try to take it away."---Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Let's see if SC's Senate passes it as well. I would LOVE to see this go through and have the governor sign it or have the state legislature override that veto.

Quote Originally Posted by Unreconstructed Reb View Post
    I don't think you're getting it. The 47% will be well over 50% by the time 0vomit's second term is complete and amnesty has allowed the democrats to sign up millions more FSA voters. Our only last hope for liberty is for the states that want liberty to declare the compact with the federal government as null and void due to severe breech of the Constitution.
    Oh I get it, we are screwed and none of the states have the resolve to succeed.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Maybe.....maybe not! There can be ways. But best it be done before the "new" immigrants get the vote, even if they don't cast them.

I'm glad I'm an old man.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Oh I get it, we are screwed and none of the states have the resolve to succeed.
    Or secede.

I hope you're wrong. At least one state legislature needs to seriously start debating the topic of secession. The SC nullification of 0vomitcare is a good first step and I realize that it's a big leap from nullifying one law to declaring independence but I think that it's the only option left at this point.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Maybe.....maybe not! There can be ways. But best it be done before the "new" immigrants get the vote, even if they don't cast them.

I'm glad I'm an old man.
    ON Medicare?