Hybrid View

1. #1 MSNBC Forced to Apologize After Egregiously Taking Quotes Out of Context 
    MSNBC host Thomas Roberts on Friday aired a portion of Vice President Joe Biden’s speech given at a plaque dedication remembering the Americans lost in the Benghazi terror attack and falsely claimed he was mourning “children as the victims of gun violence.” Roberts was discussing Biden’s reported plans to make a second push for gun control after losing in the first round.
    Side-by-side video at The Blaze.

There are laws against libel and slander to protect individuals against deliberate and untruthful dissemination of information...

Should it be a crime to attempt to manipulate the political process by willfully broadcasting obvious lies?
    We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other.
    In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.

~John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by ReinMan View Post
    Side-by-side video at The Blaze.

There are laws against libel and slander to protect individuals against deliberate and untruthful dissemination of information...

Should it be a crime to attempt to manipulate the political process by willfully broadcasting obvious lies?
    Unfortunately, the right to free speech includes the right to be a lying sack of partisanship. The best way to deal with MSDNC is to expose them whenever possible and subject them to the ridicule that they have so often earned.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Unfortunately, the right to free speech includes the right to be a lying sack of partisanship. The best way to deal with MSDNC is to expose them whenever possible and subject them to the ridicule that they have so often earned.
    True. Propaganda is as old as the hills. Both sides do it although the right isn't as grandiose about it as the left is.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

As long as the sheep will believe them, they will continue to wax the beaver.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    True. Propaganda is as old as the hills. Both sides do it although the right isn't as grandiose about it as the left is.
    Generally, the right has a harder time of it, because the media skews so thoroughly to the left. Even when someone on the right tells the truth, the leftist media is prepared to "fact-check" the truth out of existence. Remember Candy Crowley's defense of Obama during the presidential debates? When a liberal lies, the media parrots it, but when a conservative says something that isn't completely self-evident, the media pounces like a rabid pack of jackals (and even when a conservative says something that is completely self-evident, the media pounces, in fact, they pounce faster, because the self-evident facts are the most dangerous to their agenda). Relentlessly negative press tends to make Republicans less likely to try to scam the system, because they know that they will be caught, while relentlessly positive coverage manifests itself in a corrupt Democratic Party that knows that it will get away with anything.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Fabulous Poster
    The right wing style is to take something out of context, such that what the propagandist is saying is technically true, but isn't the whole truth.

Rather than create a thread jack opportunity, I'll use a "progressive" example of this instead.

Lawrence O'Donnell when referring to voter ID in Mississippi said, " (blah blah blah voter suppression blah blah photo ID) .... Mississippi didn't even start issuing birth certificates to African Americans until (I can't recall the year, so let's say 1912)."

Now apart from the fact that anyone born in 1912 would have been over 100 years old in 2012, what Lawrence O'Donnell failed to mention was that Mississippi didn't issue birth certificates to ANYONE until 1912.

So he was telling the truth, but he was telling the truth to imply a lie. And yes, Republicans do this with some regularity, even right here on this board. They'll say something true to imply a lie, and then do that "Who me? Where did I tell a lie?" routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    The right wing style is to take something out of context, such that what the propagandist is saying is technically true, but isn't the whole truth.

Rather than create a thread jack opportunity, I'll use a "progressive" example of this instead.

Lawrence O'Donnell when referring to voter ID in Mississippi said, " (blah blah blah voter suppression blah blah photo ID) .... Mississippi didn't even start issuing birth certificates to African Americans until (I can't recall the year, so let's say 1912)."

Now apart from the fact that anyone born in 1912 would have been over 100 years old in 2012, what Lawrence O'Donnell failed to mention was that Mississippi didn't issue birth certificates to ANYONE until 1912.

So he was telling the truth, but he was telling the truth to imply a lie. And yes, Republicans do this with some regularity, even right here on this board. They'll say something true to imply a lie, and then do that "Who me? Where did I tell a lie?" routine.
    And I'm sure you can proved evidence of what you claim?

Yeah...didn't think so.

Nova your defense of all things Liberal and your weak attempts to equivocate in order to justify the actions of your fellow Libtards is about as pathetic as MSNBC's ratings.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

So, in order to prove that conservatives misrepresent the truth, you cite a progressive's misrepresentation of the truth as an example? Seriously?
    --Odysseus

Lawrence O'donnell? That man is a story fabricating douchebag. He wouldn't know what a fact check was if his life depended on it. I think he gets most of his information from the DUmp. He gets these fabricated stories, doesn't check the facts, and reports them as being true. He is the worst excuse for a supposed journalist I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    So, in order to prove that conservatives misrepresent the truth, you cite a progressive's misrepresentation of the truth as an example? Seriously?

At least he admitted the left lies.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....