Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1 Bette Midler blames GOP for perpetuating America’s ‘decimated infrastructure’ 
    Sin City Moderator RobJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    17,128
    Bette Midler ✔ @BetteMidler

    Suicides up, way up among long term unemployed. Bail out the banks that caused this Depression and punish the victims of their greed. Right.


    http://twitchy.com/2013/05/04/bette-...nfrastructure/


    Crystal Wright @GOPBlackChick

    @BetteMidler thank ur savior @BarackObama 4 increase in suicide among long term unemployed. Jobless rate went Dow cuz folks gave up



    Bette Midler ✔ @BetteMidler

    @GOPBlackChick It's your GOP pals who refuse to let the gov put people back to work on our decimated infrastructure. Read a paper sometime.


    Crystal Wright @GOPBlackChick

    @BetteMidler how many jobs did @BarackObama $500mill loan to #solyndra create?
    Fun to read!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,940
    Did she explain her reasoning or did she just spew?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Resident Grandpa marv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    3,035
    Who's Bette Midler?

    http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

    Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

    THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,056
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Who's Bette Midler?
    She is a talentless retard who wouldn't be anywhere if she wasn't associated with Barry Manilow.

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,682
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    She is a talentless retard who wouldn't be anywhere if she wasn't associated with Barry Manilow.


    She was funny back in the day. She did a video with the Stones that was pretty amusing in the 80s, she starred in Ruthless People, which is a hilarious movie, and she had a pretty funny stand up act. All of it was in the 80s, though.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,056
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    She was funny back in the day. She did a video with the Stones that was pretty amusing in the 80s, she starred in Ruthless People, which is a hilarious movie, and she had a pretty funny stand up act. All of it was in the 80s, though.
    I was forced by an ex-girlfriend to watch Beaches. It scarred me so much to a point that I wanted to shoot myself afterwards. To this day I am afraid to watch any chick flick.

    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,682
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I was forced by an ex-girlfriend to watch Beaches. It scarred me so much to a point that I wanted to shoot myself afterwards. To this day I am afraid to watch any chick flick.
    Just don't watch the endings. Someone always dies, and not in a cool explosion or action sequence, but of a wasting disease.

    Steel Magnolias, for example, had some great scenes. Tom Skerrit uses fireworks to rid a tree of birds, Shirley McClaine is rude and mean to everyone, and Dolly Parton is Dolly Parton. If the whole Julia Roberts/Sally Field thing was left out, it would have been a great comedy.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member LukeEDay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Happy Valley
    Posts
    2,056
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Just don't watch the endings. Someone always dies, and not in a cool explosion or action sequence, but of a wasting disease.

    Steel Magnolias, for example, had some great scenes. Tom Skerrit uses fireworks to rid a tree of birds, Shirley McClaine is rude and mean to everyone, and Dolly Parton is Dolly Parton. If the whole Julia Roberts/Sally Field thing was left out, it would have been a great comedy.

    The theme song, that Midler stole, is going through my head now. I like Gary Morris's version, the original, better.



    I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Did she explain her reasoning or did she just spew?
    Her "reasoning" is simply regurgitation of talking points. Her understanding of economics, politics or infrastructure is what you'd expect of a person whose claim to fame is being the new Ethel Merman.

    Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I was forced by an ex-girlfriend to watch Beaches. It scarred me so much to a point that I wanted to shoot myself afterwards. To this day I am afraid to watch any chick flick.
    Aside from their use as interrogation tools, most Bette Midler movies should be treated as WMDs and exposure limited to those who have truly earned a fate worse than death. The one exception, Ruthless People, works because Midler plays a self-abosrbed, obnoxious, vicious woman who is too evil to be married to Danny DeVito's character, which makes the kidnapping funnier. If her character was someone that you cared about, the movie wouldn't work, so casting her was perfect.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Power CUer NJCardFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    16,142
    You guys are being a little harsh. I thought she was brilliant in Down and Out in Beverly Hills and Ruthless People. She also isn't too bad a singer.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •