Thread: Ted Cruz 2016?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Ted Cruz 2016? 
    Ted Cruz was in the news this weekend. Statements mentioned where the likes of Fearless, fighter, focused on conservative values and sticks to those values without compromise. James Carville even said that he is the most fearless Republican he has seen in 30 years, and, Biden challenged him to a debate on gun control. Which they are saying the Cruz would wipe the floor with Biden on.

James Carville on Ted Cruz: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3219572.html

What you all think?

With the RINO's like Rubio, Christie and Paul. Ted Cruz could be a big advantage.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

I just did some research and saw that he was born in Canada. What are the circumstances that his parents where there? Depending on what they were will hinder his chances of running for POTUS.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    Ted Cruz was in the news this weekend. Statements mentioned where the likes of Fearless, fighter, focused on conservative values and sticks to those values without compromise. James Carville even said that he is the most fearless Republican he has seen in 30 years, and, Biden challenged him to a debate on gun control. Which they are saying the Cruz would wipe the floor with Biden on.

James Carville on Ted Cruz: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3219572.html

What you all think?

With the RINO's like Rubio, Christie and Paul. Ted Cruz could be a big advantage.
    Cruz would be a great candidate. First, unlike Hillary or Biden, Cruz has actually practiced law in courtrooms, and he has done so brilliantly. He was was the first Latino to clerk for a Chief Justice of the United States, he's authored more than 80 United States Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments, including nine before the United States Supreme Court and he was the winner in the Heller case. He also defended the Texas State Capitol's Ten Commandments monument (which ought to endear him to evangelicals) and was namedas one of the 50 Best Litigators under 45 in America by American Lawyer magazine. He'd destroy Hillary or Biden in a Debate.

His personal story is extremely compelling. His father fought alongside Castro, having been jailed by Battista, but became an opponent of Castro's when he became a communist. He came to America with a $100 bill sewed into his jacked and no English skills, but worked his way through college as a dishwasher making 50 cents an hour. Cruz's mother is the first person in her family to attend college. Compare that to Hillary's silver spoon background, or Biden's faux lunch bucket stories, and you have someone who is much more appealing to middle America.

Demographically, he's a wild card, but I suspect that he will do extremely well against the whitebread Democrats opposing him. While he is not fluent in Spanish, he speaks it well enough to address Latino voters directly, without having to go through the media. Ted Cruz ads on Univision and the other Spanish language networks in which he speaks directly to Latinos would give him as much as half of the Latino vote, possibly more.

Expect the media to go berserk againzt him in 5... 4... 3... 2...
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Power CUer
    Even though he was born in Canada, I think he qualifies as "natural born" because his mother was American, although his father was Cuban. However, the mother being American and the father NOT being American was a big objection the 'birthers' had to the current president, so they will have to backtrack and decide it's just fine when it's a candidate they like.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

Expect the media to go berserk againzt him in 5... 4... 3... 2...
    Oh the media will try to dig something up on him as they did Cain. They'll use his stance on abortion to further their narrative of the war on women. What they won't be able to get off but will try like hell is his wealth. Cruz may be well off but he's far from wealthy. He's a good person to run as a middle American Republican and I agree that he making Spanish language ads will go a long way in getting the Hispanic vote. Now, the down side is that more than likely the GOP will push hard for Rubio as for some reason they feel that they need to run moderates instead of conservatives.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Cruz seems legit. Time will tell. I definetely like his 2A stance.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I am keeping an eye on Cruz. Come closer to the primary's I will say whether he has a chance or not. But as it stands right now, he has a better one than the RINO's Christie, Rubio, and Paul.

If Chris Christie gets the nomination, I'm voting 3rd party.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    If Chris Christie gets the nomination, I'm voting 3rd party.

I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeEDay View Post
    I just did some research and saw that he was born in Canada. What are the circumstances that his parents where there? Depending on what they were will hinder his chances of running for POTUS.
    I hear his mother is a US citizen and he was born in Canada. Is he eligible to be the President?
    We're from Philadelphia, We Fight- Chip Kelly