1. #1 Al Qaeda Headquarters in Libya 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    WHAT??? I thought FearLess Leader said they were all washed up!!!

Mon May 6, 2013, 11:43 AM
    Purveyor

Al Qaeda Headquarters in Libya

by Jamie Dettmer May 6, 2013 6:56 AM EDT

The volatile country, still reeling after the Benghazi attack and several recent bombings, has become a magnet for al Qaeda terrorists determined to sow instability in the region.

A rare interview with a top Libyan intelligence official reveals that, as an unintended consequence of the French intervention to quash a radical Muslim insurgency in nearby Mali, which forced al Qaeda in the Mahgreb to move north earlier this year, Libya has now become the main base of the terror group in the region, heightening the instability of what is already a volatile country.

“Libya has become AQIM’s headquarters,” says the intelligence source, adding that in just the last few weeks three new al Qaeda camps have opened in southern Libya.

The terror group’s boosted presence in Libya comes at a time when the struggling country is reeling from several threats to—or attacks on—Western targets.

On April 23, jihadist bombers sought to attack the British Council in Tripoli just minutes after other members of a suspected al Qaeda cell managed to detonate a powerful blast outside the French Embassy. The embassy bombing left two gendarmes injured—one seriously—and wounded several locals. The attack on the British Council failed—thanks to the incompetence of the jihadists.

MORE...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-in-libya.html

Burn this Truth to Powerer!!!! Alert, Alert!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

But I thought al Qaeda was dead and GM was alive?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    But I thought al Qaeda was dead and GM was alive?
    No, Bin Laden is dead, GM is dying and al Qaeda is very much alive and franchising out.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    No, Bin Laden is dead, GM is dying and al Qaeda is very much alive and franchising out.

According to a lot of people, not just dems, GM is alive and well because of the bailout. It's not a big enough deal to have any benefits for the working people of Michigan, though. I'm sure it's good for the working people of Mexico, however.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    According to a lot of people, not just dems, GM is alive and well because of the bailout. It's not a big enough deal to have any benefits for the working people of Michigan, though. I'm sure it's good for the working people of Mexico, however.
    Funny, but Ford is alive and well, too, and they didn't take a bailout, while GM is once again in trouble:

General Motors Is Headed For Bankruptcy -- Again
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoo...kruptcy-again/

President Obama is proud of his bailout of General Motors. That’s good, because, if he wins a second term, he is probably going to have to bail GM out again. The company is once again losing market share, and it seems unable to develop products that are truly competitive in the U.S. market.

Right now, the federal government owns 500,000,000 shares of GM, or about 26% of the company. It would need to get about $53.00/share for these to break even on the bailout, but the stock closed at only $20.21/share on Tuesday. This left the government holding $10.1 billion worth of stock, and sitting on an unrealized loss of $16.4 billion.

Right now, the government’s GM stock is worth about 39% less than it was on November 17, 2010, when the company went public at $33.00/share. However, during the intervening time, the Dow Jones Industrial Average has risen by almost 20%, so GM shares have lost 49% of their value relative to the Dow.

It’s doubtful that the Obama administration would attempt to sell off the government’s massive position in GM while the stock price is falling. It would be too embarrassing politically. Accordingly, if GM shares continue to decline, it is likely that Obama would ride the stock down to zero.

GM is unlikely to hit the wall before the election, but, given current trends, the company could easily do so again before the end of a second Obama term.

In the 1960s, GM averaged a 48.3% share of the U.S. car and truck market. For the first 7 months of 2012, their market share was 18.0%, down from 20.0% for the same period in 2011. With a loss of market share comes a loss of relative cost-competitiveness. There is only so much market share that GM can lose before it would no longer have the resources to attempt to recover.
    Meanwhile, Ford has had 8 consecutive quarters in the black and recently announced higher than expected earnings, despite the drag from their European division, and automotive operating cash flow has been positive for three years running. If I'd had the money to bet, I'd have shorted GM's stock and bought Ford's when the bailouts were announced.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!