1. #1 Historians Still Despise George W. Bush 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    OMG!!! I'm SHOCKED!!!!

Tue May 7, 2013, 03:27 AM
    BainsBane

Historians Still Despise George W. Bush

By David Austin Walsh
    4-26-13

"Former president George W. Bush has had his best week in years. His public approval ratings have hit a seven-year high, publications around the country have published articles reassessing his legacy, and he was warmly joined by all of the living former presidents at the dedication of his new presidential library at Southern Methodist University in Dallas, Texas. . . .

The past week, however, saw Julian Zelizer pen an article for CNN entitled "History's still out on George W. Bush," while Stephen Knott, writing for the Washington Post, claimed that the former president has been the victim of a "rush to judgment" by historians.

So will historians revise their collective opinion of George W. Bush?
    It doesn't appear likely.

The History News Network conducted an informal poll on Thursday asking American historians from the nation’s top research universities and liberal arts colleges to grade the presidency of George W. Bush on an A-F scale, based on fourteen different metrics, ranging from foreign policy to the economy to transparency and accountability.

Sixty-four historians responded. Thirty-five -- over half -- rated his presidency an outright failure.

Overall (not a composite): F
    Communication ability D-
    Relationship with Congress C
    Supreme Court appointments D
    Handling of the economy F
    Executive appointments D
    Diplomacy & foreign policy F
    National security D-
    Civil rights & civil liberties D-
    Innovation and initiative D
    General leadership D
    Vision D
    Transparency & accountability F
    Integrity D+ 1.45
    Crisis management D
    Ability to learn from mistakes D- "

http://hnn.us/articles/historians-st...-george-w-bush
    I would have been shocked if the results were any different!!! Sorry DUmmies, W is a good man and was
    an excellent POTUS for the time.
    May the FORCE be with you!

The real question is how many of these professors of history are former members of SDS or other radical campus organizations?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Bush was a terrible president. The war in Iraq was completely unnecessary and gas prices tripled under his terms. At the time I was driving 500 miles a week for work and the gas prices tripling made my job worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Bush was a terrible president. The war in Iraq was completely unnecessary and gas prices tripled under his terms. At the time I was driving 500 miles a week for work and the gas prices tripling made my job worthless.

It was your own fault you got a gas hogging dog of a car.

Don't you love the planet enough to walk?
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

The former is your opinion, the latter is false. When Bush took office, the Weekly U.S. Regular Conventional Retail Gasoline Price (Dollars per Gallon) was $1.46. When he left office, it was $1.83. That's hardly tripling. There was a post-Katrina spike to over $3.00 per gallon, but blaming Bush for that is like blaming him for Katrina. OTOH, since Obama took office, the Weekly U.S. Regular Conventional Retail Gasoline Price (Dollars per Gallon) has doubled to the current $3.66 and has shown no sign of dropping below $3.50 anytime soon. In addition, Obama's peak gas prices have been over $4.00 per gallon, much higher than Bush's peak.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Tripled? Really? The how do you explain that gas prices were $1.89 the day he left office? And got to over $4 under Obama. Happy with that are you? And gas prices didn't triple. Tripling means it got up to $5 a gallon. Prices spiked under Bush for a few months but for the most part, they were near half of what they are now. But let's say you are right. Kind of blows a hole in the war for oil mantra now doesn't it.

Overall (not a composite): F
    Communication ability D-
    Relationship with Congress C
    Supreme Court appointments D
    Handling of the economy F
    Executive appointments D
    Diplomacy & foreign policy F
    National security D-
    Civil rights & civil liberties D-
    Innovation and initiative D
    General leadership D
    Vision D
    Transparency & accountability F
    Integrity D+ 1.45
    Crisis management D
    Ability to learn from mistakes D- "
    I'd really be interested in their grades for Obama. Something tells me that there'd be A's and B's in all categories.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

Apparently not.
    May the FORCE be with you!

So your just going to ignore that gas prices were cut in half in the last few months of Bush's second term? June of 2008 it was at 4 dollars a gallon. The historical data of gas prices make a big V from the end of Bush's second term to Obama's first.

As for the Iraq war. Any benefits are far outweighed by the negatives. The 9/11 attacks were meant to get the US to invade a muslim country to fuel their jihad message and provide easier targets. It doesnt matter how many we kill, we will never end the jihadists without a full scale world war 3. At the least the Iraq war helped democrats gain power which is a huge negative.

edit - Gas was 1.20-1.40 where I live when Bush won his second term and I paid 4 dollars a gallon during his presidency. I dont care what the national average was, I care what I paid at the pump. I live in Texas so I think its a little cheaper here than most states.

So your just going to ignore that gas prices were cut in half in the last few months of Bush's second term? June of 2008 it was at 4 dollars a gallon. The historical data of gas prices make a big V from the end of Bush's second term to Obama's first.

As for the Iraq war. Any benefits are far outweighed by the negatives. The 9/11 attacks were meant to get the US to invade a muslim country to fuel their jihad message and provide easier targets. It doesnt matter how many we kill, we will never end the jihadists without a full scale world war 3. At the least the Iraq war helped democrats gain power which is a huge negative.

edit - Gas was 1.20-1.40 where I live when Bush won his second term and I paid 4 dollars a gallon during his presidency. I dont care what the national average was, I care what I paid at the pump. I live in Texas so I think its a little cheaper here than most states.
    And yet you're tickled pink that Obama is in office and gas prices under him haven't been lower than $3.00. But let's be fair. Explain to me why the rising gas prices under Bush were his fault? As Ody pointed out, Katrina played a big part in that when it damaged oil rigs, shutting some down but I digress. Bush actually tried to lower prices by drilling in ANWR but your friends didn't want that.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

When it comes to class, Bush has more in his little toe than Obama has in his whole body.

When it comes to Bush, he is a true American 'Christian' that cares about his country and wants to keep us safe. Obama on the other hand is a Muslim terrorist sympathizing, Jew hating, Israel hating, Islamic fanatic loving, America hating, troop hating, baby hating, legal citizen hating, illegal immigrant loving, non gay hating, loathsome douchebag.

Liberals hate Bush, but when you look at it. It was the liberals who caused the mess during his term. Of course they conveniently forget that and just use him as a scapegoat. Even when the same thing is happening now and they insist now that you can't blame the President. That will all change when we elect a Republican in 2016. If we elect a republican in 2016.

When it comes down to it. Blaming Bush is all they have, and they will be blaming him for the next century or more.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....
    _ WELFARE IS NOT AN ENTITLEMENT! _