Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Obama doubled the MPG requirements for new cars for the coming decades as his signature energy policy -- going much farther than Bush -- while investing tens of billions of dollars into solar, wind and other renewable energy. Bush, on the other hand, was a much stronger supporter for drilling for oil in new areas.

Yeah ... how's that workin' out fer ya'?
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Bush was a terrible president. The war in Iraq was completely unnecessary and gas prices tripled under his terms. At the time I was driving 500 miles a week for work and the gas prices tripling made my job worthless.
    Well, maybe you could find a McDonalds closer to where you live.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Sonnabend
    500 miles a week, thats 100 miles / day (assuming a five day week)= 161 k's round trip = 80 kilometres to work one way...you had NO public or mass transit available?

No buses, trains? Ferries?

Where the hell were you living???? Good God man, you're telling me you had no alternate transport?

I call BS.

Bush was a terrible president.
    Compared to whom? He wasn't the best...but he's damn sure better than what we've got now. And he certainly didn't have the viscreal loathing and hatred of his country the current one has.

You want terrible Presidents? Look up Wilson...Roosevelt...Johnson...Carter...and the currant occupant.

The war in Iraq was completely unnecessary
    Not to anyone with a modicum of understanding of why we went there. And it wasn't unnecessary for those of us that were there. Only pig headed Paulbots and delusional anti-ANY war Libtards think it was unnecessary.

and gas prices tripled under his terms.
    Link? Proof? You're just talking out your ass on this and it shows.

At the time I was driving 500 miles a week for work and the gas prices tripling made my job worthless.
    Sure it was tripling. Uh-huh we believe you.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    Obama doubled the MPG requirements for new cars for the coming decades as his signature energy policy -- going much farther than Bush -- while investing tens of billions of dollars into solar, wind and other renewable energy. Bush, on the other hand, was a much stronger supporter for drilling for oil in new areas.

Yeah ... how's that workin' out fer ya'?
    Heh. Solar will be a major player at some point but instead of wasing $$$ putting up
    "Solar Farms" we know won't be cost effective, how about dumping the $$$ into
    just pure research until someone comes up with a solar generator that WORKS.
    And I mean WORKS cost effective in the real world, not some pie in the sky Libtard Dream World.
    That means you don't have to cover several states to get cheap power...

Wind power works but IMHO is another waste of $$$ except on sailboats at anchor. And
    we all remember how much Ted Kennedy loved wind...

"Other renewable energy"...WTF does THAT mean??? Dams for Hydo??? You might drown a snail!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Heh. Solar will be a major player at some point but instead of wasing $$$ putting up
    "Solar Farms" we know won't be cost effective, how about dumping the $$$ into
    just pure research until someone comes up with a solar generator that WORKS.
    And I mean WORKS cost effective in the real world, not some pie in the sky Libtard Dream World.
    That means you don't have to cover several states to get cheap power...

Wind power works but IMHO is another waste of $$$ except on sailboats at anchor. And
    we all remember how much Ted Kennedy loved wind...

"Other renewable energy"...WTF does THAT mean??? Dams for Hydo??? You might drown a snail!!!
    Like a TRUE capitalist, I know that if the power company could screw me over more profitably with solar, wind, or "other renewable energy" they would. Until then, it's coal, natural gas, and earl.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Like a TRUE capitalist, I know that if the power company could screw me over more profitably with solar, wind, or "other renewable energy" they would. Until then, it's coal, natural gas, and earl.
    That's not a "true" capitalist talking. That's the propaganda of a "true" Communist.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

The main downfall for wind or solar is that is takes too long to make a return on the investment. They aren't worth the ROI.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....

I am sorry, i didnt realize I was posting on DU. Your insults have shown me the error of my ways and I will not deviate from the hive opinion again.

edit - Yes I am a big Ron Paul supporter. Of course now I will get accused of being like the "Paulbot" who try and shove him down your throat. With all my 68 posts in 3 years.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I am sorry, i didnt realize I was posting on DU. Your insults have shown me the error of my ways and I will not deviate from the hive opinion again.

edit - Yes I am a big Ron Paul supporter. Of course now I will get accused of being like the "Paulbot" who try and shove him down your throat. With all my 68 posts in 3 years.

We have had very negative experiences with Paulbots, if you aren't one then there is no problem.

I'd guess you know boards like CU require a thick skin. We don't care if you don't like W, we don't
    like oBAMA.
    May the FORCE be with you!