Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I would love to hear the benefits of the Iraq War. Bin Laden's plan was to provoke us into a never ending war that we cant win. We fell for it hook line and sinker. There are always going to be groups of people who want to do us harm, our focus should be on protecting our homeland and not spending trillions of dollars in foreign countries. We need to understand the underlying causes of all this which is religion. It might take 1000 years but one of these days we as a civilization are going to put on our big boy pants and stop killing each other over fairy tales.
    Shut up dumbass and go play in traffic.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I would love to hear the benefits of the Iraq War. Bin Laden's plan was to provoke us into a never ending war that we cant win. We fell for it hook line and sinker.
    Well, for one thing, Saddam Hussein is dead. He was a sponsor of terrorism whose fingerprints were all over the first WTC bombing.
    Second, had we maintained a presence there, Iraq would have provided a counter to Iran, which has repeatedly threatened America.

Bush's mistake was not in invading Iraq, it was in not keeping enough troops there to consolidate victory. We defeated the Iraqi insurgency and had set up a far more conciliatory and friendly government, one with popular support, that we could have continued to work with. By abandoning them (and I blame Obama for this more than Bush, as the Bush plan was to leave a small cadre of advisors), we opened the region up to Iran, which is the greater threat (and the persecution of the Sunni currently underway in Iraq is a function of the Iranian presence there).

Bin Laden's plan was for get the Islamic masses to rise up and destroy us. That hasn't happened, but it is still a possibility, for reasons that I will address below.
    There are always going to be groups of people who want to do us harm, our focus should be on protecting our homeland and not spending trillions of dollars in foreign countries. We need to understand the underlying causes of all this which is religion. It might take 1000 years but one of these days we as a civilization are going to put on our big boy pants and stop killing each other over fairy tales.
    How do you propose that we protect our homeland from jihadis who seek to export their religion and impose it upon us by use of terror without engaging them on their home turf? Al Qaeda doesn't require strong states as sponsors, it seeks failed states that will provide no opposition to their operations. Afghanistan, Somalia and Yemen are obvious examples. We cannot defeat them without digging them out of their lairs and killing them. That requires that we use all of the tools at our disposal to ferret them out, and that costs money. The lesson of 9/11 is that we cannot continue to act as if we are safe behind two oceans. Our wealth, power and prestige attracts hate, and that hate will come to us if we do not fight it.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Both Hillary Clinton and John F'n Kerry told Bush that there were weapons of mass destruction, so blame it all on them.

I love my God, my country, my flag, and my troops ....